Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 18 - EPCOT

Day 18 - EPCOT Food and Wine Festival

We got up at 7.45 and got ready to go to EPCOT, we got a bus about 8.30, we weren't aiming to get there for open but had arrived just in time for it to opening. Both times we had visited EPCOT they didn't have EMH.

We went to soarin as we had skipped it the other day due to the queue, followed by living of the land. We went and used our test track FP and used our Nemo FP.

We stopped for some photos, we asked for the balloon magic shot as we had got this last time. It didn't appear on my MDE so I emailed them and they found it

The food and wine festival was on so we were going to try eating around the world today . First stopping at Thailand and got a spicy beef red thai curry. All of these are on snack credits.

Followed by some jerk chicken from the Caribbean stand.

We went into Mexico and went on the little boat ride, it had been very busy inside the pyramid on Saturday so we didn't wander around it for long. I was tempted by a margarita again but it was pretty early !

Gorgeous views!

We stopped at the Alps stand and got the warm raclette swiss cheese, Chris got some black pepper shrimp with garlic noodles from China and I got the warm Indian bread from India.

We needed a break so we went to the American stand pavilion and had a seat with some ice water and an iced coffee (using snack credit again). This is a nice place to stop out of the sun.

We walked back to Germany as I wanted something sweet, I got the caramel brownie which was so good!

We didn't get a snack from Italy but it looks so pretty.

We stopped at Morocco for some hummus fries and then went and met Aladdin and Jasmine.

Chris got a beer flight from Belgium and I went and got an orange slush from France. We sat and enjoyed our drinks.

We finished our drinks and Chris wanted to go and try the Charcuterie cone from spain so went back to get one.

We felt like we had eaten a fair bit by this point, we decided to leave Epcot via the international gateway and walked to HS. We weren't planning to to back to HS again, but we hadn't done Walt's One Man Dream and after the Keys to the Kingdom tour we really wanted to.

We got a FP for tower of terror, we did a different lift and it was amazing. All the lifts are different (some believe they are not but we definitely had different drop combinations and the cast member on our tour confirmed they were all different), we had done 3/4 over the time we had been there and we thought the outer two were the best.

We stopped for an ice cream sandwich, this was huge! I certainly did not need two cookies plus all that ice cream but I had been wanting to try one all holiday so used a snack credit.

We then went to see Walt's one mans dream, which I find so interesting.

We then headed out of the park, I stopped in a shop and bought a loungefly bag I'd been looking at for days. There are so many amazing designs but I wanted something subtle as I knew I'd then use it more at home.

A bus turned up straight away and we were back by 4. It had been sooo hot so we headed straight down to the dig site in the pool. This was lovely, we both also had a go on the slide as it was the first time we had been to this pool.

We went and got ready as we were planning to go for a drink at the boardwalk, we thought we would try to bus it over. It was quite a wait for a HS bus so we got an EPCOT one which turned up straight away.

We wandered through the park to go out at the international gateway, we stopped for some photos though as we were all dressed up.

We hadn't got all the way round the food and wine festival earlier as we left at the International Gateway, so we hadn't seen the cheese stand. We couldn't help ourselves and ordered a black pepper borsin cheese souffle. It was so good! We used a snack credit again.

We stopped got one more photo then went and got a boat to the boardwalk.

We were going to go to the duelling pianos but the scenery was so lovely we decided to go and get a drink at the margarita stand and sit with the gorgeous view of the boardwalk.

We went for a walk, then decided to get a Lyft back to CSR as we wanted a quiet night in to get a take away pizza, the Lyft was $5.

I had heard about flippers pizza, so we ordered a large between us, it was pretty huge! We opened our bottle of enchanted bubbles and had this with the pizza.

We went to turn on the tv when we noticed the remote was different, then we looked at our tv and we had a different tv! They must have changed it, it was bizarre and thought it was unusual they didn't tell us, but we did now have disney movies on demand .

We watched Hercules with some twizzlers then went to bed.

Day 19 - Animal Kingdom

Edited at 10:18 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List