Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Eurostar - booking

it's been a couple of years since we last booked for DLP and previously we booked the hotel and Eurostar together, through an agent as it seemed to be slightly cheaper than us booking independently. This year, probably booking it all ourselves, but have a little query about Eurostar.

Looking at going end of November (Mon 23rd - Fri 27th) and so far, (Trainline website) are only releasing day by day ie 3rd Jan = 3rd Nov etc. Would we still get the cheapest price if we booked the outward journey on release day (but could only book 1 way), then another 1 way journey for the return, (released 5 days later), rather than a return journey but 5 days after 1st journey released if that makes sense?

To be honest, we wouldn't mind going via Lille (for Carrefour shopping!) but really want to come straight home so would much prefer direct for the return leg, but still want the best prices if possible.

Any advice please?
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I was going to try this for my May holiday, but two singles was actually more than one return.

I didn't realise Trainline sold Eurostar tickets! I buy direct, and at the moment they're only on October, and I'm waiting for November, so that's deffo good info to have! X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

yep, that was my fear that buying 2 x single journeys would be more expensive than a return, but then by the time you've waited for the return journey to be available i bet the cheap outward seats have already sold out, annoying!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't have that issue for May. £38 each way per adult it was. Xx

Edit: Just laughed to myself cos that sounds like Yoda. 😂😂
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMum006
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We rang their phone line when our outbound day became available and they were able to book the return for us. It's worth trying for the cost of a phone call.

A few times I've found that the phone lines have availability earlier than online too and the cheaper seats are sometimes (in high demand) gone by the time they are released online. I always ring now.
DisneyMum006 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I heard that if you book over the phone you have to pay a booking fee, is that correct? I've never tried before. X