Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Oct 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Just booked flights for next August to SAN Francisco

We were supposed to have travelled California this summer Fingers crossed we get to go next year. I’ve just booked direct flights into and out of San Francisco next august for £340 each. The itinerary will be completely different than this years plan if all goes ahead but I’m really looking forward to planning and putting this trip together.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
We were supposed to have travelled California this summer Fingers crossed we get to go next year. I’ve just booked direct flights into and out of San Francisco next august for £340 each. The itinerary will be completely different than this years plan if all goes ahead but I’m really looking forward to planning and putting this trip together.
Great news and that sounds a really good price. Do you mind my asking dates, who with and what your preliminary plans are?

We fly out on 18 Aug LHR into SFO and home from LAS to LHR on 02 Sept, BA.. That was £528 Inc baggage.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Great news and that sounds a really good price. Do you mind my asking dates, who with and what your preliminary plans are?

We fly out on 18 Aug LHR into SFO and home from LAS to LHR on 02 Sept, BA.. That was £528 Inc baggage.
The flights will be the current KLM / Delta / Air France codeshare cheapies available for much of the Summer holiday that gets you a direct Virgin fare for a very good price.

It's quite widely covered in the last few pages of https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1178768 for Orlando flights, but the same deals are available on San Francisco and LA, possibly Vegas too - I've not checked.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Of course. We are due to fly out Saturday August 14th to Sat August 28th flying with Virgin Atlantic but booked via Expedia with Delta. I’m not really sure of plans there are too many places to see and not enough time! Will be choosing from San Fran definitely then Yosemite coastal highway Los Angeles to do tourist traps Disneyland definitely then would have loved Palm Springs Las Vegas and Grand Canyon but know that it’s not enough time to see all! Would’ve loved longer but not possible with annual leave and back to school. I will add baggage as these are in the cheap seats! I was ideally looking for into Las Vegas our of Los Angeles but I could not find the prices this time. You have a fab deal I do prefer BA but always go with the cheapest! Desperate to visit the West Coast this is our first time.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Sounds great! We fly out on August 11th for 16 nights after having our trip this summer cancelled but we are flying with BA Into Vegas and out of LA.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a fab deal! We’ve booked early July into SF home from Seattle & really hope it goes ahead. I love SF it’s definitely my fave American city & have always wanted to go to Seattle! Let’s hope it happens.🤞🏻
Happy planning😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Sounds like a fab deal! We’ve booked early July into SF home from Seattle & really hope it goes ahead. I love SF it’s definitely my fave American city & have always wanted to go to Seattle! Let’s hope it happens.🤞🏻
Happy planning😊
Will you be doing a trip report, Loulou?

North of SFO is something that we are actively considering for a future trip and we would like to see your thoughts afterwards.

Meantime (as in my pretrippie), we are heading S from SFO... Then East.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Of course. We are due to fly out Saturday August 14th to Sat August 28th flying with Virgin Atlantic but booked via Expedia with Delta. I’m not really sure of plans there are too many places to see and not enough time! Will be choosing from San Fran definitely then Yosemite coastal highway Los Angeles to do tourist traps Disneyland definitely then would have loved Palm Springs Las Vegas and Grand Canyon but know that it’s not enough time to see all! Would’ve loved longer but not possible with annual leave and back to school. I will add baggage as these are in the cheap seats! I was ideally looking for into Las Vegas our of Los Angeles but I could not find the prices this time. You have a fab deal I do prefer BA but always go with the cheapest! Desperate to visit the West Coast this is our first time.
See you at SFO for the VA flight back

We're doing practically the same route, but for 3 weeks.

We struggled with fitting in the South Rim GC as its such a long drive out and then back to LV, or as a stop between LV and LA. We've ended up extending Vegas for a few more nights as a base, and are going to do hoover dam/GC West rim as a day trip and Zion NP as another day trip.

We've booked most stuff on free cancellation/no prepay including some airbnb - good job with all the changes we keep making
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great trip. Great price for your flights. Enjoy the planning it’s great to have something to plan and look forward to.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Will you be doing a trip report, Loulou?

North of SFO is something that we are actively considering for a future trip and we would like to see your thoughts afterwards.

Meantime (as in my pretrippie), we are heading S from SFO... Then East.
I’ll probably do a mini report with pics!
We’ve 5 days in Seattle so hope it’s enough time to fit our must did in!
I look forward to reading yours as it’s always so informative & well written. I’ll check the pretrippie too! Hope you have a great time 😊😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List