Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 15, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Aspergers...

My son has aspergers. A friend said you don't have to queue? Is this right and how does it work? Thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

My understanding is that a 'condition' itself doesn't automatically mean fast passes, it is more about what the conditions entail.

My great nephew has autism but is perfectly capable of queuing for rides and did so we didn't require any assistance.

As I said I believe it is about what an individual requires and not the 'label' of a diagnosis, if this makes sense.
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Both my boys have autism and we ask for special assistance. We get taken to a special que so we don't have to queue to long and coming back explain to the security staff and they will take you to a shorter que
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

And yes having a das doesnt mean not queing were the queue less time than normal queue u still have to queue
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jandhmum View Post
Both my boys have autism and we ask for special assistance. We get taken to a special que so we don't have to queue to long and coming back explain to the security staff and they will take you to a shorter que
Special queue were is that then u go in the queue were the fast pass line is sane queue which sometimes now is longer than normal queue ?
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Ok. He is highly likely to get a panic attack in the queues. So I guess if he could queue for less this could help! Where do I go in the park for help? Guest services by the entrance?
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes they take a pic of the person wanting it as they have to ride the ride otherwise u can't use it
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerMLSH
Proud to wear my Ears

Hello, Disney are extremely good helping with children with these particular needs, it's called a DAS card that is now linked to your magic band, you go to an attraction and rather waiting in the actual que they will give u a return time, say the ride has a 60 min que they scan magic band and you return to the fast pass area 60 mins later, you can only have one return time active at any time but you can use this in conjunction with your selected fast pass. So basically you are still queuing just outside the attraction, you can use this in all Disney parks except water parks.
L 😀
TinkerMLSH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Morning
We went to Disney for the first time last October and our youngest daughter who is 6 has a diagnosis of aspergers so I was a little anxious about everything. . . . Pop along to the special needs section of the dibb you will find loads of useful stuff there we had heard about the DAS card at Disney cannot comment on how things work at universal as we didn't visit. We went to guest relations at animal kingdom to enquire about a card for Lilly as that was our first park of the holiday but each park has a guest relations area. In America they cannot read letters of diagnosis or doctors reports its not allowed for some reason ( disability laws) so you have to explain as best you can his you think the person wanting the card could need one, my daughter has issues with queuing and anxiety she also has joint hypermobility when standing for a long time can be uncomfortable. The man that listened to us was great and issued the card straight away and spoke to our daughter and made a real fuss of her. The card was great but in all honesty we only used it three or four times the whole trip as fastpass plus worked so well for us majority if the time. You dont get to queue jump lol you go to the fast pass line With the card and they write a time on it for you to return which is equivalent to standby line time so in effect it's waiting the same amount of time to get on the ride as everyone else in the queue you just arnt physically stood there waiting. You can only use one ride at a time though and once that one has been completed you can make another with the das card if you wish. Hope that helps a little, I'll try to help if you have anymore questions lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

To get the best out of the das use it along side your fast passes and it works fab
Closed Thread