Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Go back to 80's upscale/market thing? I've never heard so much crap. The demand will still be there. I'm absolutely sick of reading negativity. Why don't we all go back to living off spam and working in mines? Honestly people need to stop listening to hypothetical scenarios and panicking. Tourism will thrive again I guarantee it!
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

We are booked for september 21. Im still planning on going, but there are so many variables to take into account at the moment I cant be 100% sure we will. I'm currently shielding and I have no idea how that will affect my ability to even leave the house any time soon. But a lot can change in a year, so I'm staying positive but also realistic if thats possible!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
We are booked for september 21. Im still planning on going, but there are so many variables to take into account at the moment I cant be 100% sure we will. I'm currently shielding and I have no idea how that will affect my ability to even leave the house any time soon. But a lot can change in a year, so I'm staying positive but also realistic if thats possible!
We were hoping to go July next year. We are thinking of postponing for another year just to be on the safe side. But as you said 100% variables, if there is a vaccine, if there are Disney meet and greets and if we feel 100% safe.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Go back to 80's upscale/market thing? I've never heard so much crap. The demand will still be there. I'm absolutely sick of reading negativity. Why don't we all go back to living off spam and working in mines? Honestly people need to stop listening to hypothetical scenarios and panicking. Tourism will thrive again I guarantee it!
Bit harsh IMHO. There is so much for many to think of when spending large sums of money on a holiday. At the end of the day a trip to Orlando is NOT cheap. It is not just about flights, it is everything that goes with it.

Also how much will travel insurance premiums rise?

If and it is a big if Trump opens up the borders again and I personally don't think he will for a while, it is almost certain that measures will be put in place at immigration with regards testing.

If they do testing at immigration which surely they will, a 2 hour wait could double or even triple in time. And worst case scenario what happens if one member of the family failed the test. God forbid!

Will the US insist on testing prior to getting on an aircraft in this country?

Trump blamed Europe and the Far East for the virus getting onto American soil so is unlikely to be too keen to open up just yet plus he needs to get the American economy going again with a possible second virus hit and the way many Americans are going about things the chances of that are rather high.

I appreciate people want something to look forward to while spending so much time sitting at home doing next to nothing. It is soul destroying!

Hopefully the likes of Virgin will survive. If they do prices will rise that is not in doubt. If Virgin fail and go under we will be left the BA as the only schedule non stop carrier to Orlando (especially after seeing the news regarding Norwegian). BA can then basically name their own prices, certain that there are people out there who will pay anything to get on that plane.

I wont travel to the US until there is a vaccine. For the foreseeable future my holidays will be in the UK as I am sure Europe will have things in place to stop the virus potentially kicking off again.

What really bothers me is if everything is open again re travel and the US gets hit with another wave which Dr. Fauci predicts will happen in the fall.

Can people really go through the hassle and stress again of waiting for fights to be cancelled and trying to get refunds etc.

Just my opinion obviously but it is an opinion I have sat for many days and thought about!
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I agree 100% We all need a ‘cup half full’ mentality to get through this 😊
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

We have flights booked for feb 2021 im thinking we have been either really clever booking whilst prices are low or really stupid! Probaby the latter but im trying to stay positive!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I’ve postponed my May 2020 trip to September 21. Not sure if that will go ahead but we’ll see.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

I'm with you - glass half full in our house although I am partial to a spam fritter from the chippy

There are a lot of ANALysts (Not Dibb People as most are sensible people) who are skewing figures to suit there own individual believes and publishing them as FACT in various forms of media which can be interpreted in either a good light or bad light - I find that capitals often means something is 100% true (not).
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

Perhaps one way of looking at it is that if Disney reopens at a reduced capacity for a period of time, it could be an even better experience?

They are brill at organisation and technology, look at the wonder that is the Magic Band/FP+, they know what they're doing. It could be that the next time we go it's even better than before .

Furthermore, if they operate at a reduced capacity (which i'm only mentioning as I read something about Universal looking at it), then it won't be forever!
sandslash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I’ve postponed my May 2020 trip to September 21. Not sure if that will go ahead but we’ll see.
I’m pretty confident for Sept 21. Not so much for Sept 20 though .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List