Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

MY eldest sons 21st this Sunday

I know many of you probably celebrated your birthdays during lock down or other special occasions.

I feel very sad that my son has to celebrate his 21st during lock down. He seems ok about it but he cant even celebrate it with his girlfriend. We will make it as magical as we can for him.

Has anyone done something similar and what did you do ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I will follow with interest as my DD is 21 in under a month. She just hopes to be able to see some family members outside of our house... and her BF who she hasn’t seen for weeks.

But I agree it feels rubbish so I’d love some ideas!
Old 19 May 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Was my birthday yesterday, not a milestone! I must say I really enjoyed my day. Hubby and son baked me a cake with candles, i got spoilt rotten and we had afternoon tea delivered. Its amazing how much fun you can have. Defo a birthday to remember
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

My DD is 21 next Tuesday. She is sad she can’t see her boyfriend and friends but they have arranged a video with messages from friends and family and I assume will send it to her on the day. We are planning to get a takeaway from a local restaurant- the first in over 9 weeks! I’ve ordered a gazebo for the garden and if it comes in time we’ll ask my parents over so they can have dinner or at least cake with her while socially distancing! I’ve made her a card on Moonpig and will try to make the best of the day. Hopefully she’ll be able to have a party later in the summer. Feel so bad for her as she’s missing out on graduation too, plus we had two holidays cancelled and her summer job! She’s coping well though with baking, embroidery and gardening. Happy birthday to your son - I’m sure he’ll have a good day, even if it’s not what he’d hoped.
Old 19 May 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

What about one of the American style drive by
Old 19 May 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I had my 50th a month ago. DH baked and decorated a cake the night before and cooked me lovely food all day. We walked the dogs and watched movies.

It is wedding anniversary in a few weeks, not a significant one, but I have ordered an afternoon tea to be delivered from Piglets Pantry and have bought an Alice in Wonderland cake stand and tea pot to serve it on.

Somebody else has posted they are doing a virtual WDW day on their birthday coming up and I thought that sounds good.
Old 19 May 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

My son celebrated his 21st last month in lockdown, unable to see his girlfriend or mates! We asked what he wanted to eat, not much choice for us takeaway wise, he went for pizza.

I thought it was a bit rubbish but he seemed fine with it, he’s pretty laidback. He was online chatting with mates and on the phone with his girlfriend. I guess he will celebrate once this lockdown is over.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My daughter celebrated her 18th last month, her brother couldn’t make it back from Finland so we did FaceTime with him and also family and friends sang happy birthday via FaceTime, we had a cake for 3 and she seemed ok, did buy her the Lego Disney castle to replace the holiday to DLP we were meant to be going on.
There will be a lot of parties going on once more relaxed.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I can only imagine he will probably spend a lot of it on his PC gaming with his brother, GF and friends.

He has asked DW to make a cake for him of his car. He drives a 3ltr Audi a4 and its his pride and joy. She not a cake maker but does make delicious cakes.

He never does want much he is a very much spend time with family guy. We had booked a get away with family up north in Scotland . No electricity or anything very much back to basics, stove fire the lot but was cancelled... covid.

Im sure he will probably want just watch movies with us but keep ideas coming they're great.
Old 19 May 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I had my 50th a month ago. DH baked and decorated a cake the night before and cooked me lovely food all day. We walked the dogs and watched movies.

It is wedding anniversary in a few weeks, not a significant one, but I have ordered an afternoon tea to be delivered from Piglets Pantry and have bought an Alice in Wonderland cake stand and tea pot to serve it on.

Somebody else has posted they are doing a virtual WDW day on their birthday coming up and I thought that sounds good.

Can I ask - have you ordered the afternoon tea for the actual date, or the day before? Thanks.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List