Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Do the resorts regular celebrate their anniversary ?
If Oct 1st is their 30th, I wonder if anything will be going on, like an extra dance party or something.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi we arrived yesterday - here are a couple of photos of the Riviera resort construction and the Skyliner gondola station next to it.
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hoping the photos attach this time!
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

PS we're in Martinique and can hear what sounds like construction vehicles moving around outside (it's 5.30am) but only as background noise, not really loud
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
WDW is most definitely addictive 🙈
No, it's not! I can give it up any time I want! *cough, twitch* No, really, I can! *twitch*
Old 18 Aug 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I was reading another forum last night and the 1st Oct was suggested as an opening date there too. I can't wait to see what the finished OPR looks like.
Having front desk there instead of Custom House, will be so much easier.

I think there will definitely be some rooms that will be a lot less desirable in Jamaica and Aruba once the gondola/skyway is complete. The main station is by Jamaica 41, so I would imagine some of those outer rooms could be noisy with people traffic.

Also I'm wondering if the actual skyway will be noisy or silent as it does look like it will go over some rooms and maybe Jamaica pool.

There will still be plenty of rooms not affected by it though. 😊
It will be very interested to hear feedback when the Skyline is up and running, its so peaceful in Jamaica now it will be such a shame to spoil that.

I could be totally wrong ... but from the location of the skyline towers when I was there I think they will pass along the front of Aruba and when the get next to Caribbean Cay bridge they will go off towards buildings 44/43 then across the carpark to the skyline station.

I am thinking that Jamaica may no longer be classed as standard rooms I bet they will call them skyliner rooms and charge more lol

Edited at 01:27 PM.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Could I have opinions please as I’m still stuck with what to do!
So after watching the video and talking about it again, we have decided we really want to be in Trinidad North if we still stay at CBR, because they’re preferred I’m looking at about $425 extra (and none are showing as available now either!) This making the the difference to stay at AK about £400 now but I don’t like the distance of AK to everything
I don’t know what to do!

Update: I’ve ended up changing to AKL as spoke to WDWTC and there are no preferred rooms I can have so don’t want to take the risk tbh at what it’s costing us anyway

Am I allowed to stay on the CBR thread though? 😢 😢

Edited at 02:53 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I really hope they paint those towers. They're such an eye sore
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Could I have opinions please as I’m still stuck with what to do!
So after watching the video and talking about it again, we have decided we really want to be in Trinidad North if we still stay at CBR, because they’re preferred I’m looking at about $425 extra (and none are showing as available now either!) This making the the difference to stay at AK about £400 now but I don’t like the distance of AK to everything
I don’t know what to do!

Update: I’ve ended up changing to AKL as spoke to WDWTC and there are no preferred rooms I can have so don’t want to take the risk tbh at what it’s costing us anyway

Am I allowed to stay on the CBR thread though? 😢 😢
Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing I'd choose it over any of the other deluxe resorts you'll have an amazing time
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweetums View Post
completion date for OPR of 1st October to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the resort
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I was reading another forum last night and the 1st Oct was suggested as an opening date there too
OMG. This is seriously exciting! If this is true we will be there for its opening
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List