Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SuckingDiesel
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Recommendations for restaurants and character dining for 8 year old boy

Planning to make my ADRs. Before I book I was just wondering if there were any restaurants/character dining in particular that are popular with 8/9 year old boys.
My son won't be that thrilled with anything babyish or too princessy
SuckingDiesel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I haven't been with a child that age but Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are brilliant fun... excellent theming and lovely food!

We also loved our character breakfast at Garden Grill in October... the character interactions were fantastic!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

T-Rex/Rainforest good themes for 8/9 year old boys although not character dining

I would say Tusker House, O'Hana, H+V dinner, Garden Grill and Chef Mickey's, would appeal to 8/9 year old boys more. Mickey with other characters. BOG dinner I think they would enjoy as well with the Beast walking about.

The best character dining for boys is at Universal Studios Marvel dinner.

Edited at 06:09 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Cape May Cafe breakfast is a firm favourite with my boys. They love the relaxed vibe, the characters are in beach wear and the buffet is excellent.
It’s definitely one for older kids as it’s not as loud and manic as the likes of chef Mickey and Tusker House.

There’s the rainforest cafe and trex. Sci Fi diner is another one with themed dining too.

What about mickeys backyard bbq? Coral Reef at Epcot...you can watch the fish in the tanks.
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SuckingDiesel
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks some of these I wasn't aware of so will check them out.
SuckingDiesel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

My 8 yr old, has requested a visit to garden grill for his birthday when we go in August, it’s a great, the characters are cheeky we’re big fans of chip n dale! The food is decent, especially the cinnamon roll !
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My ds were 10/8/5 last time and all enjoyed Chef Mickeys. Eldest loved the waffle station and liked seeing the monorail come through and views over the lake. 8 and 5yo both loved the characters as well. 8yo enjoyed being a bit ‘younger’ than he is at home I think, so enjoyed characters a lot more than I would have predicted.
Also liked Trex and RF cafe, but RF cafe service and food were dire for us.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Although it does involve a princess, my then 8 and 10 year old boys enjoyed Storybook Dining, you also meet two of the dwarfs and the Evil Queen as well as Snow White. Garden Grill is great, Chip and Dale are good fun, and mine love Chef Mickey’s. They also liked Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh characters
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

I would say maybe Tusker House or Garden Grill for character dining.

For non-characters how about: Sci-Fi dine in theatre, Whispering Canyon Café, 50s Prime Time Café, Ohana.
discoclare is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The Bon voyage breakfast at Il Trattoria de forno has great food and the interactions with Flynn Rider and Prince Eric is good.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List