Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

TUI extra space/legroom seats?

Ok so very excited just booked for this summer but been years since we have been in a TUI flight and I wondered whether dibbers have experience of the 2 seat types above? At the moment have standard seats booked. We are a party of 3 and I think the seat config is 3-3-3 but I will still want to select seats so we are in a 3 at the side sitting together. Are either of the seats above worth the extra from the select your seat price?

Last time on TUI back in 2009 we were in premium but looks like an additional 1k for premium which wipes out the excellent price for the flights so definitely not doing that

Thanks all
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I’ve paid for extra space on an exit row just for the extra leg space... I phoned to check those kinds of seats were available though before I booked.

I don’t think extra legroom are worth it - same style seats and only a fraction more legroom than normal
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Row 10 are definitely worth it. The seats are slightly more narrow due to the tv being in the seat, and there was plenty of room for my feet, with the bulkhead in front of you. Also first off the plane after PE. Row 30 is ok, but it is next to the toilets, and you will get people standing in the huge gap, lots of legroom as this row is an exit row. I've also paid for extra legroom and we enjoyed the quiet of the rear cabin.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

We also paid for extra legroom seats at the smaller section at the rear of the plane,rows 31-36 Nice and quiet area.Having not flown long haul with TUI previously cant comment on differences in seats from standard to extra legroom seats

Personally found the seats narrow in comparison to the likes of TC but comfortable enough

Edited at 08:16 PM.
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Row 10 are definitely worth it. The seats are slightly more narrow due to the tv being in the seat, and there was plenty of room for my feet, with the bulkhead in front of you. Also first off the plane after PE. Row 30 is ok, but it is next to the toilets, and you will get people standing in the huge gap, lots of legroom as this row is an exit row. I've also paid for extra legroom and we enjoyed the quiet of the rear cabin.
Thank you
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Row 10 a-c now booked. As suggested I phoned to check availability before paying for the seats then got online and selected. Thanks for the replies
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
Row 10 a-c now booked. As suggested I phoned to check availability before paying for the seats then got online and selected. Thanks for the replies
We had these - you will love them.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
I’ve paid for extra space on an exit row just for the extra leg space... I phoned to check those kinds of seats were available though before I booked.

I don’t think extra legroom are worth it - same style seats and only a fraction more legroom than normal
I agree. Waste of money.
I think it must have been these we paid for as opposed to the other upgraded type.
Disappointing legroom, wish we had just gone with the standard in comparison.
Or next time we'd choose the other upgrade instead.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had the standard seats and they were fine for us. Husband and daughter are tall and they had plenty of leg room. We paid to pick seats to make sure we were together but that's it. Everyone is different but I'd save the money for something else.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

Extra legroom cost us 68 each. Granted my daughter don’t need it but it works out about £20 an inch. Now £60 for 3 extra inches. Who wouldn’t want a few extra inches for that price.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List