Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

garmin watches

Does anyone have one?

I'm considering upgrading to a vivoactive 3 from my fit bit, especially now I have taken up couch to 5k, and will be able to use it for swimming when i can go again.

Another random question to this if you have one did you buy direct from garmin? they seem to be cheapest, but I want to know if it comes in a box emblazoned with garmin, or if its plain?
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I love my VivoActive 3;

I got it as with a round face it looks more like a traditional watch; its always on display has meant I've stopped going in my pocket for my phone when I need to know what the time is.

It was also the cheapest fitness tracker to do pool swimming tracking and before the current situation I swam 2-3 days a week.

I don't know about buying from Garmin as I got mine from Amazon.
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a Vivoactive 3, it's fab. I have the white strap and wear it all the time, they do come in Garmin branded boxes as I've purchased direct previously. £159.99 is a great price too!
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I have:
Garmin vívomove 3

I love it. It’s really pretty. A couple of niggles. If I look at it to check the time, the hands automatically move to 9 and 3 so that you can look at the actions on your watch. And another is that in bright sunlight, it’s hard to see the display.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
I have a Vivoactive 3, it's fab. I have the white strap and wear it all the time, they do come in Garmin branded boxes as I've purchased direct previously. £159.99 is a great price too!

Thanks, this is what I am concerned about. All packages to my building are being left in communal areas, with no attempt to call the person receiving the package, so this does put me off buying one! I dont want it disapperaring before i can get to it! I want the rose gold one, which is £179 on garmin, but £219 elsewhere...
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds weird, but if you have life or health insurance, consider looking at Vitality. If you have a qualifying plan you can get all sorts of discounts, including Garmin - 40-50% off depending on the model you choose.
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I love Garmin stuff.

Have Vivoactive 3 music- it’s great, run with music and no phone. Watch is generally very good indeed.
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I have a garmin 235 and love it for running. I also have a Fitbit and find the garmin is superior to the Fitbit for running and the data it supplies.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I have a Garmin Fenix 5S, and I love it. I am a runner (even if I'm 'on the bench' just now) and its brilliant for that, but I've also used it for circuits and cycling. Not sure about packaging from Garmin, but Amazon often have deals on Garmin, including the option to pay over 5 months with no interest, so if you're not in a rush, it might be worth keeping your eyes open.
Old 27 Apr 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
Thanks, this is what I am concerned about. All packages to my building are being left in communal areas, with no attempt to call the person receiving the package, so this does put me off buying one! I dont want it disapperaring before i can get to it! I want the rose gold one, which is £179 on garmin, but £219 elsewhere...
I'm sure they come overboxed or in plastic covering, sorry I thought you meant the actual product box rather than the shipping package. Perhaps give them a call to double check?
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List