Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 17 May 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
How on earth do they come up with them my guess is there some sort of algorithm that tells the pickers what to offer that is the least costly to them? For example... 8 bottles of Old Speckled Hen ale ordered. Now it comes in Packs of 4, boxes of 8, separate bottles, cans in 4 packs. So if the box of 8 wasn’t available there are plenty of other options for the picker( I doubt they were all out of stock). What was offered as a sub? 8 cans of Newcastle brown ale.

Anyone know how it works? We’ve had so many subs (ASDA) where what we’ve got isn’t wanted but we can’t hand them back anyone. We take it to our local food bank.
to be honest they could all be out of stock plus I have noticed in Tesco a lot of lines are changing and some smaller sizes of items are coming off sale. You can put no sub but if your having lots of subs you may end up with no shopping. The picking gun may say give a certain sub yet that may be out of stock so then its left for the shopper to decide and of course that depends on what type of shopper they are: grin: I would imagine the separate bottles are in a different place so that would involve going to another aisle then returning. Thats how it should be done but sometimes it isn't.
Old 17 May 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Don’t often get substitutes from Morrisons but this week I received two. Frozen mixed veg replacing frozen mixed peppers (yes I know pretty lazy !) Morrisons have refunded though. More importantly my husbands bottle of red wine was substituted with a 50 cl bottle. He felt very short changed ! I’m sure there was a full bottle they could have picked somewhere on the shelf.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Off track but curious? Do you use rinse aid and salt with all in one tablets?
"no criticism involved honest, get worried nowadays about offending anyone"
I use salt as well but we have very, very hard water here. And rinse aid but I think that's a habit.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
GG

You know I'm 74 years old not a 20 year old who gets offended by anything Oh dear I hope I haven't offended any 20 year olds by saying that.

I've always wondered that to be honest and yes we do use the all in one tablets but still keep the salt and rinse aid topped up when the machine starts with the annoying flashing light.

Our choice of tablets is led by £££ though and not fancy brand names.

When Tesco couldn't deliver Finish I went to Lidl and got their own brand. Three times the quantity for the same price.

Mick
"You know I'm 74 years old not a 20 year old who gets offended by anything Oh dear I hope I haven't offended any 20 year olds by saying that. "

Yes, I use Aldi's own but no salt or rinse aid, DH reckons we should!
Old 17 May 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post

Yes, I use Aldi's own but no salt or rinse aid, DH reckons we should!
Yes, we use salt and rinse aid, having been advised to do so.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Iceland a few weeks ago. Sent me an email to say what wasn't coming, some had been substituted & some just took off order. I read it wrong so when my friend asked if I wanted anything from Morrisons I asked for bananas as ours weren't available. She kindly dropped a bunch of 6 off for me.
Shopping came, my bunch of 5 had actually been substituted for a bunch of 9. And my apples also substituted... for 9 bananas.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Iceland a few weeks ago. Sent me an email to say what wasn't coming, some had been substituted & some just took off order. I read it wrong so when my friend asked if I wanted anything from Morrisons I asked for bananas as ours weren't available. She kindly dropped a bunch of 6 off for me.
Shopping came, my bunch of 5 had actually been substituted for a bunch of 9. And my apples also substituted... for 9 bananas.
Was there banana bread in your house that week ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Many years ago we ordered Vegetarian Cottage Pie from Tesco and they sent Vegetarian Lasagne (which DH definitely won’t eat 🙄 ) The delivery man seemed a little bemused that we didn’t want the substitute as they were both vegetarian. We asked if he would like an apple if he’d ordered a banana as they are both fruits, the following week a
banana was sent with our order which we hadn’t requested 😂

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Was there banana bread in your house that week ?
Shared them with our neighbours so there was banana bread all round!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
I ordered packs of pizza base mix and got packs of crumble topping mix. Mmmm- tasty with pepperoni 😉😂
I ordered this and got a can of croissants
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List