Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I had a very similar experience to you and posted on here asking very similar questions that you are asking,I too had to have lots of tests and biopsy,and a small operation but everything was fine.
It is worrying when it happens but in most cases it is nothing,and I have found out since it is relatively common,a lot more people than I thought have been through it,I hope everything goes well for you but you have done the right thing having it checked straight away
britishgirl is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

You should go to the doctors

I was advised if you haven’t bled for 6 months and suddenly get a bleed that you should get it checked out

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Any time any woman presents at a GP surgery with Post Menopausal bleeding they are automatically sent on the urgent suspected cancer pathway, it's standard protocol.

Emphasis on the last three words... Good luck.

Edited at 11:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
I had a very similar experience to you and posted on here asking very similar questions that you are asking,I too had to have lots of tests and biopsy,and a small operation but everything was fine.
It is worrying when it happens but in most cases it is nothing,and I have found out since it is relatively common,a lot more people than I thought have been through it,I hope everything goes well for you but you have done the right thing having it checked straight away
Thank you . So glad all was ok for you

I guess these things just don't get talked about much? All my friends are younger than me so that doesn't help!
Old 27 Feb 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

Totally understand how scary this is as I had a similar experience. Periods tailed off when I was about 45 and then about 2 years later I suddenly had a bleed. Like you I didn’t expect the urgent referral and this is one time when the power of google did more harm than good... but I had an internal ultrasound to measure thickness of womb lining and then a hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic on Xmas eve 2015. It was worrying waiting for the results and it definitely put a dampener on Xmas but nothing sinister was found and I was told any further bleeds after 6 months should be investigated again. Exactly a year later I had a further bleed and again nothing was found. Since then I haven’t had anything else. Consultant was excellent and said it could be that as my menopause started fairly early I still had some hormones which had caused the bleeding. Easier said than done but try not to worry.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by G54321 View Post
Totally understand how scary this is as I had a similar experience. Periods tailed off when I was about 45 and then about 2 years later I suddenly had a bleed. Like you I didn’t expect the urgent referral and this is one time when the power of google did more harm than good... but I had an internal ultrasound to measure thickness of womb lining and then a hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic on Xmas eve 2015. It was worrying waiting for the results and it definitely put a dampener on Xmas but nothing sinister was found and I was told any further bleeds after 6 months should be investigated again. Exactly a year later I had a further bleed and again nothing was found. Since then I haven’t had anything else. Consultant was excellent and said it could be that as my menopause started fairly early I still had some hormones which had caused the bleeding. Easier said than done but try not to worry.
Thank you for posting your experience, and really pleased nothing was found

It's definitely helped me feel less anxious about it all, and I'm glad I posted now about it! Thanks to all
Old 27 Feb 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm the reverse to you I'm 51 started bleeding/period on 28 /1/2019 and it doesn't seem to want to stop!
It varies in flow but it's the gift that keeps on giving...
Saw the dr on 13/2 had blood test on 22/2 and being sent for a scan ...just waiting on times and results now...

Oh the joys eh?!?!

Xx Ff xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List