Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Mar 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I’ve had the non variable one for about two years and love it, I will be getting this one when mine finally bites the dust due to limescale.

I love it because I can put the cup under it and flick the switch, then it’s done when I’m ready, before I used to boil the kettle numerous times as I’d go off and do something and forget about it!

It’s a bit of a pain when you have to make several cups at a time, but it’s usually just me drinking tea.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I don’t have one of those but do have thee built in Quooker version. It is my favourite kitchen gadget and I would always recommend.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

We have one of these and it's great for hot drinks,but find we also need a kettle for other things eg rinsing rice,pasta,
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

I LOVE mine, it’s this one thewrightbuy/insin...CABEgJ9J_D_BwE
It saves me so much time, I never boil too much, and the water never has that horrible lime scale taste. I wouldn’t be without it now...
Old 1 Mar 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
We have one of these and it's great for hot drinks,but find we also need a kettle for other things eg rinsing rice,pasta,
That was my thought , I couldn't be without a kettle and when boiling it for a drink I just put the right amount in so I'm not boiling more than I need .
Do the water boilers use less electric or something ? I'm intrigued as to how it works in just boiling the right amount for a cup yet the boiler is full of water .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 11:36 AM.
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We replaced our kettle with a Breville Hot Cup about 6 months ago and honestly don't miss our kettle at all. My husband drinks a lot of coffee and loves that he can dispense just the right amount of boiling water for his coffee in a fraction of the time it takes to boil a kettle.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

We have a hot water dispenser where water is kept at a constant hot temperature inside a thermos-like container so that whenever you want hot water, you can get hot water instantly without having to wait for anything to boil. (This seems slightly different from the Breville one though?) I also used a kettle extensively when I was at university...

I think I've read that electricity usage wise a hot water dispenser like the one we have uses less than a kettle if you're making more than something like 5-10 cups of hot water a day, but can't remember the exact number and have no idea how accurate this is!

Anyway, I much prefer the hot water dispenser - no wait for water to boil, and no worries about boiling too much or too little water.
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes could we prefer to a kettle

This is our one

Edited at 06:17 PM.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Forgot to add forgot to wipe after last use
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Asda have a breville dispenser on offer at the minute for £35.I nearly bought one yesterday but my kettle is not that old so don’t need one,but I do like the idea of them.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List