Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Yes, they are thinking of cancelling. They are due to go in April, it would mean them losing the money. I would say the baby is more important than money.
Have they discussed with their GP ? They might have a valid reason to say the risk to the baby would be too high, if maybe he/she has some weakness or vulnerability.

Sorry, very far-fetched but it might be a way to claim under their insurance.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Of course! 😀
Why ? It’s a perfectly valid concern with a young baby, the parents would be negligent to not consider the risks.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
I would be hesitant tbh. I know there is no travel restriction from FCO but I would be weighing the risks up.

I’m not usually a nervous person but with a 6 month old I’d be a little more cautious.
I feel the same.
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm due to go to Thailand on 4th April. My holiday isn't "ticketed" yet so can change for the cost of an amendment fee of £35 each (booked with VH).

I'm only hesitating because me and DD have had this coughing virus since early January and advice when returning from Thailand with a cough or flu like symptoms is to self isolate. I don't think we'll be at any more risk there than here but could end up in isolation because of a pre existing cough!

We had until tonight to change our booking but didn't bother. Hopefully cough will be gone before travel and not return.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Why ? It’s a perfectly valid concern with a young baby, the parents would be negligent to not consider the risks.
Because there have been 85 cases in Singapore out of a population on 5.6 million...
Because there is no advice not to travel, nor any restrictions put in place...
Because the baby is more at risk from, and more likely to catch standard flu than corona...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Because there have been 85 cases in Singapore out of a population on 5.6 million...
Because there is no advice not to travel, nor any restrictions put in place...
Because the baby is more at risk from, and more likely to catch standard flu than corona...
Thanks for proving my point.

The things you’ve listed are exactly what parents with young babies should consider. You obviously have the facts but not everyone does, so they would be daft to go ahead without some research.
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I wouldn’t risk it especially with a baby.

Scientists are still trying to determine how the new Coronavirus spreads as it appears people are catching it with no known links to China.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List