Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Feb 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I honestly think it is a lack of work experience on his CV. If from finishing uni he has only briefly had 1 job people who go through the CVs may be questioning his work ethic. I think if he volunteers somewhere he will have a greater chance of finding paid work as he is showing willing.
Please don't think I am saying he is lazy but the people who go through applications will have a criteria that they use to look quickly through a pile.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
That doesn't stop you from being racist. That's the classic 'I have black friends I'm not racist' defence. What you said IS racist and to suggest your son isn't being hired because of his British name is complete absurdity.
I’m not racist, so sorry but you don’t know me, I do have black friends and East Asian heritage, Spanish, Dutch, Irish and English. We are a real mixture but I am only trying to figure out why he isn’t getting a job. We can’t all agree I’m afraid and what a boring world it would be if we did!
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Did you see my message about Manpower or other agencies
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Did you see my message about Manpower or other agencies
Yes we are going to look thanks x
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My son who is still looking for a job did a online test for Argos and failed, it was only 8 hours per week but he is desperate. I was with him when he did the questions and he did everything correctly, his answers made sense. I just don’t understand, Primark turned him down, Nandos said they would be in touch in five days and didn’t bother so he emailed them. He’s also waiting to hear from Asda’s. Oldest ds went through his cv and changed it and is now much better. I worked in retail many years ago and it wasn’t this hard! I am looking at apprenticeships but some won’t take him because he has a degree. Please answer with help not to have a go!
I feel your pain my dd is also looking for work she was removed from college for non attendance because she lost interest after her car accident stopped her doing the physical part of the course so know she is job hunting last week she had an 8 hour interview with a test and all sorts and sorry no not this time she has applied for loads and not even a reply form most its awful for them
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

When I was made redundant I tried and m&s online application and was turned down. I think I tried to over think it. Choosing the ‘correct ‘ answers which obviously weren’t what they were looking for.

I did agency work, getting a long term placement and then a permanent job from my first contract.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List