Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 10 Dec 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Serious Dibber

Mobile The we are never going to Florida pre-trip report UPDATED with plans & restaurants pg 3 & 4

This will be our first trip to Florida, as you can probably tell from the headline, and as Ive got so many tips from these boards, I thought Id attempt a trip report. So, heres my pre-trip report to help set the scene.
Firstly, we have spent years telling the kids that we are never going to Florida because its too expensive. There was also the small matter of my darling husband who doesnt really do theme parks and the fact that I dont do rollercoasters! As well as there being a hundred and one other places to visit. But, after a short trip a few years ago to DLP where we all had a ball, the idea grew on us. Although obviously we never told the kids that! After a couple of welcome changes in our financial situation we decided just over a year ago to start booking our trip of a lifetime.
So we are me, Floridadreams, Mum, organiser and main planner. Then there is my darling husband, Mr Floridadreams, Dad and main financer! Then there is our son who is 15 and loves all of the thrill rides, and our daughter who is 11 and even more of a daredevil than her brother! We are all massive Harry Potter fans and varying levels of Star Wars fans (er-erm!). We also enjoy the Disney Magic - although again to varying degrees.
So, the plan is to fly from Dublin to MCO on 8th February 2020 and spend four nights at the Royal Pacific Resort where we will spend most of our days in the Universal parks. Then we move to Floridays to focus a few days on Disney. We are in Orlando for 14 nights in total and have 14 day tickets for Universal and 7 day tickets for Disney. After a lot of research we decided this mix would suit us best as we expect the kids to enjoy the thrill rides of Universal more. It also worked out cheaper than the 14 days for both Universal and Disney combined tickets.
We decided not to tell the kids until nearer the time as it was a very long time to wait! More about that another time.
So thats us - all really excited and cannot wait for February!
Ill post more about us telling our son and daughter, and our plans so far later. Thanks for reading

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our trip of a lifetime
Unread 10 Dec 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Will be following along
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second Disney holiday!
Unread 10 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Following!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando!
Unread 10 Dec 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Apprentice Imagineer

dreamadream's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fab trip planned, and we will be out there from the 6th feb!
dreamadream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st family Floriday
Unread 11 Dec 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Sounds like a fab trip planned, and we will be out there from the 6th feb!
So exciting! Your first family trip too I see 😍
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our trip of a lifetime
Unread 11 Dec 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'll be following along.
I can still remember our excitement when we booked our first trip for 2003.
Unread 11 Dec 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
VIP Dibber

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Following! Sounds like a fab holiday plan already
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Magical Florida Holiday...
Unread 11 Dec 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along, i remember our first time, the itll be a once in a lifetime holiday, 2020 will be our 10th time, and 3rd time as just me n wifey since 2006. Looking forward to 2021 and celabrating my 50th and the boys, and their partners will be coming along for 2 weeks while we stay for 6.

Happy planning and i hope the surprise goes well, the kids will be sooooo excited.
Kenwood Travel