Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Feb 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I wanted New Romantics but we got “media hotshots”. I think it is based off age as I answered and re-answered the questions a billion times but was always media hotshot.

There were lots of tracksuits, mullet wigs but my favourite were a couple of guys wandering around in voluminous “blouson” style jackets, very 80s!
They went last night and loved it.
So dh and I have just ordered vip tickets for Saturday .
Very excited!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Well after this thread, I was tempted into buying Stranger Things tickets for DH for Christmas and we went on Friday. After registering we were given a particular 80s profile that we were supposed to dress up as. DH ended up going Miami Vice style, chinos with v neck t-shirt, medallion and linen jacket with sleeves rolled up. I was a power dresser, shoulder pads, lots of very colourful accessories and we both got great 80s wigs to wear. DH's wig was hilarious.

We were amongst the first twenty or so to get let in as we booked VIP and initially it seemed like it was just us that made the effort, however not so. I would say that about 95% of people made the effort with their 80s outfits. I don't think there was any reason why we had to stick to our given profile, perhaps they want to try to ensure there is a mix of all types and not just Madonna or aerobics Barbie style.

We really enjoyed our night, although we possibly did not throw ourselves into it as much as some would in terms of directly interacting with characters, as that is not our personalities. But we went along with several of the character sections / scenes, thought the science teacher was good, enjoyed the various dancing, general people watching and the ending.
We noticed that the VIPs were less likely to be dresses in 80s - most people were, us included!

I went with DH and my sister. Now DH and I would ‘join in’ but probably not as much as some, but my sister is very theatrical and forced all of us into some very interesting and funny situations! So my answer is, take an outgoing friend to get the most of it.

We thought it was an absolutely brilliant experience!

Edited at 08:29 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I wanted New Romantics but we got “media hotshots”. I think it is based off age as I answered and re-answered the questions a billion times but was always media hotshot.

There were lots of tracksuits, mullet wigs but my favourite were a couple of guys wandering around in voluminous “blouson” style jackets, very 80s!
Mmm I wonder if the default for VIPs was hotshots?

I was given punk/rock but I Just went with 80s pop as the outfit was much more fun!
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Mmm I wonder if the default for VIPs was hotshots?

I was given punk/rock but I Just went with 80s pop as the outfit was much more fun!
Yes I think it is.
We’ve just worked it out-
That way you get a “press pass” in keeping with the theme but really it’s so they know you have VIP as we also got Media hotshots and no way to change
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Went last night and absolutely loved it.
So much fun
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Went last night and absolutely loved it.
So much fun
Glad you liked. We saw a lot of people wearing the green / orange shirt that Hopper bought for his date, liked it so much I bought one for DH although not sure when he will wear it. I might make him wear it for his birthday meal which is coming up.
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Glad you liked. We saw a lot of people wearing the green / orange shirt that Hopper bought for his date, liked it so much I bought one for DH although not sure when he will wear it. I might make him wear it for his birthday meal which is coming up.
I love that shirt , we also saw quite a few yesterday.
Make sure he wears it!
I’m in bed feeling sorry for myself , had too many Jell-O shots in Hopper’s cabin 🤢
I had a little dance with Mike last night and dh got into an argument with Hopper , was a very funny night . I’d definitely do it again! (Without so much alcohol)