Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Leeds Trinity Uni area

Just thinking out loud really. DD is waiting on here to see if shes potentially offered a place before she makes a decision. Shes not been yet but if they offered a place she would prob have to go for an interview and then look around. I don't know the Leeds area at all. Can anyone tell me what it's like please. I'm praying she opts to go a bit closer to home. I've looked on maps and it looks a bit of a way out of the city. Shes limited on where she can go due to ucas points. So this attempt at uni life needs to be a bit more thought through in my opinion.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

is that round Horsforth? quite rural around there and a fair way from the city

NB not form Leeds just have offices there and work in the area quite a bit
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah Trinity is in a more suburban area of Leeds rather than city centre based. It’s between Horsforth and Yeadon (near Leeds and Bradford Airport). They’re fairly affluent areas. I’m not sure where student accommodation is in that area but it’s not far from a train station and has good bus links.
Old 30 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Here’s the accommodation link for first years leedstrinity.ac.uk/studen.../accommodation
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I live in Horsforth

The campus isn't far from the train station (and there's a free bus between the two). We are only 12 from Leeds City Centre on the train.

We were Europes biggest village at one point - there are 18,000 people in Horsforth. The campus is very safe as it's more of a town type area rather than a city.

ETA that should say 12 minutes!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Yes Horsforth, it looks pretty rural to me. The uni website says a 10-15 min walk to the train station then a train into Leeds city 15 mins. When I looked on Google maps it said the train was more like 40mins. I'm desperately not trying to get too involved with her decision. Shes keen on city living and I'm not sure this will offer that.
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
I live in Horsforth

The campus isn't far from the train station (and there's a free bus between the two). We are only 12 from Leeds City Centre on the train.

We were Europes biggest village at one point - there are 18,000 people in Horsforth. The campus is very safe as it's more of a town type area rather than a city.

Thankyou bigger than I thought. She will visit before making a decision (I hope!)
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Is it easy to get between University of Leeds & Trinity? Her partner has applied for uni of.
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

My brother and a few of my friends when to Trinity. It’s not hard to get into Leeds at all. It’s beautiful part of the town.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
I live in Horsforth

I don't live in Horsforth live jdndt, but I live in Guiseley and I went to Leeds Trinity as a student. I can honestly say it's one of the nicest universities! Not too big, everyone is friendly - the staff are amazing (including non teaching). It has a very relaxed feel too. I left 2 and a half years ago but I'm actually hoping to be working there soon! I have been there today as I have friends who work at the on site nursery and it has changed so much since I was there. They have extended the library and it is so nice and fresh in there with lots of equipment as well as a nice coffee bar. As said above it's a very safe campus All the 1st year accommodation is on site & some very nice new blocks of flats too.

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Yes Horsforth, it looks pretty rural to me. The uni website says a 10-15 min walk to the train station then a train into Leeds city 15 mins. When I looked on Google maps it said the train was more like 40mins. I'm desperately not trying to get too involved with her decision. Shes keen on city living and I'm not sure this will offer that.
It definitely isn't 40 minutes into Leeds City Centre, it's only 3 stops into Leeds, (Headingley, Burley Park & then Leeds), think around 12 minutes as stated above. It's definitely not city living, however the campus has a great SU bar, there's lots of lovely bars & restaurants on Town Street. During Freshers Week they arrange lots of coaches into town and back for all the events going on, and for nights out in Leeds it wouldn't cost much between a group of friends for a taxi If you get the chance I'd definitely go and have a look around as it really is a lovely place - including the surrounding areas! If you have any questions feel free to PM me x
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List