Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

My son works in London, uses the Central Line tube. He says lots of people wearing masks, more each day.
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TrevJones
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I understand they are being transferred to a facility In the Wirral
This is just down the road from us. I would have thought they may have chosen somewhere more isolated, not part of a very busy hospital.

I know they are in a separate block (staff accommodation) but it is still close to buildings and public car parks.

I have no problem with it being on the Wirral just not in that particular place.
Old 31 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TrevJones View Post
This is just down the road from us. I would have thought they may have chosen somewhere more isolated, not part of a very busy hospital.

I know they are in a separate block (staff accommodation) but it is still close to buildings and public car parks.

I have no problem with it being on the Wirral just not in that particular place.
Newcastle RVI is bang in the city centre also home to the Great North Childrens Hospital.. seems an odd choice but im sure they have thought this through
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TrevJones
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Newcastle RVI is bang in the city centre also home to the Great North Childrens Hospital.. seems an odd choice but im sure they have thought this through
You would hope they know what they are doing
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TrevJones View Post

Being from Wirral, Arowe Park parking is bursting at the seams for both clinics & visitors as it is, this is just adding to it.
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

The two, found to be family members, as confirmed as having it, were staying in York!
So are they going to quarantine all the staff where they were staying as well now?
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
The two, found to be family members, as confirmed as having it, were staying in York!
So are they going to quarantine all the staff where they were staying as well now?
Nope- living in York we have just been told to be vigilant and that the NHS has been trying to contact those in close contact. Very worrying.
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I do think it’s worrying. My daughter is type 1 diabetic, my sister has very bad asthma. It could be extremely serious if they get this.
Also, forward thinking will it effect future travel to other countries.
I imagine it would spread like wild fire on a aircraft if one person was a carrier.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I see the coaches are arriving at Wirral now
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Quite interesting on the news a little while ago, health official trying to put into perspective by saying it seems to be passed on by being in close proximity to someone with it (family members) ie (and these are his words) you’re not going to get it just by passing by someone in the street, assuming you don’t get too close, bit difficult if you’re packed in like sardines on public transport I would have thought ? Majority of people will have very minor symptoms/illness but the worry seems to be for those of us with pre existing conditions or the elderly. tbh I’m looking at it like flu which is also not good for me, in that I’ll practice good hygiene including not touching my face, as it’s not so simple as keeping clear of anyone coughing/sneezing due to being contagious without symptoms.

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List