Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Resort crawl route

Hi Dibbers,

My partner and I are staying at WDW for 12 days this year and we’d like to spend half a day to a full day exploring the resorts. We’re staying at Port Orleans Riverside and our only “must do” is a drink at Trader Sams at the Poly. I would like to revisit the Boardwalk/Beach Club area as we stayed at the BC in 2016 but didn’t have enough time to chill out in a hammock on the beach. I’d also like to check out Halloween decorations and gift shops. Partner would like to try and many methods of transportation as possible; I would like to avoid entering the parks/passing through security checkpoints where possible as they take time and make me quite nervous! We are likely to have quite a few QS credits to spare.
Based on this, what route would you take in order to see as many resorts as possible?
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

For the MK resorts, I'd say take a Uber from POR to the Wilderness Lodge - maybe have a drink or lunch at Geyser Point, then catch the boat to MK. Walk to the Contemporary, then use the monorail to go to the Grand Floridian, then finish at the Poly and Trader Sam's when it opens around 3pm - if you are still able after a couple cocktails there (they're strong!), catch a bus to HS and use the Skyliner to visit the Riviera, then take the Skyliner again to Epcot and visit Boardwalk / Beach & Yacht clubs and have dinner in the area.

Quite a full day!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I love resort crawls. If doing a whole day then my route would probably be (includes my fave drinking spots ) :
  • Ferry boat to Disney Springs & drink somewhere downtown maybe TRex or Rainforest for a Coronarita (my fave)
  • Bus to one of the Skyliner resorts - Riviera, Art of Animation or Caribbean Beach depending on which you want to see and possibly drink/eat at
  • Skyliner to Hollywood Studios
  • Boat to Beach Club & drink at Martha's Vineyard
  • Boat to Boardwalk & drink at Abracadabar
  • Bus to Magic Kingdom
  • Ferry Boat to Transportation & Ticket Center
  • Monorail (or Walk) to Polynesian & drink at Trader Sams
  • Monorail to Grand Floridian
  • Boat to Magic Kingdom
  • Boat to Wilderness Lodge
  • Drink at Geyser Point
  • Bus to Disney Springs
  • Maybe a stop at Jacks Hangar Bar for a drink
  • Ferry Boat to Port Orleans

From my reckoning I think you will have tried all the forms of transport including 4 different boats, monorail, bus and skyliner without going into any parks, and I think 6 hotels. You could also possibly add in Contemporary on the route by getting Monorail from Polynesian to Contemporary and then back to Grand Floridian (note that Contemporary doesn't do a boat to MK which is why I'm suggesting the loop)

Edited at 11:37 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I love resort crawls. If doing a whole day then my route would probably be (includes my fave drinking spots ) :
  • Ferry boat to Disney Springs & drink somewhere downtown maybe TRex or Rainforest for a Coronarita (my fave)
  • Bus to one of the Skyliner resorts - Riviera, Art of Animation or Caribbean Beach depending on which you want to see and possibly drink/eat at
  • Skyliner to Hollywood Studios
  • Boat to Beach Club & drink at Martha's Vineyard
  • Boat to Boardwalk & drink at Abracadabar
  • Bus to Magic Kingdom
  • Ferry Boat to Transportation & Ticket Center
  • Monorail (or Walk) to Polynesian & drink at Trader Sams
  • Monorail to Grand Floridian
  • Boat to Magic Kingdom
  • Boat to Wilderness Lodge
  • Drink at Geyser Point
  • Bus to Disney Springs
  • Maybe a stop at Jacks Hangar Bar for a drink
  • Ferry Boat to Port Orleans

From my reckoning I think you will have tried all the forms of transport including 4 different boats, monorail, bus and skyliner without going into any parks, and I think 6 hotels. You could also possibly add in Contemporary on the route by getting Monorail from Polynesian to Contemporary and then back to Grand Floridian (note that Contemporary doesn't do a boat to MK which is why I'm suggesting the loop)
Top job!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tom107
slightly serious Dibber

We did a Disney Bar Crawl in October:
practicalwanderlust/the-...ney-for-adults by Lia and Jeremy.
Some great ideas on there, we did not have a cocktail in every bar ! We stayed on beer and saved ourselves for Trader Sam's. We had a fantastic day.

Follow us on our social media:

https://www.facebook.com/villaattuscanhills/
https://www.instagram.com/villaattuscanhills/

Please click on the below link to view our villa
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=375
tom107 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

spot on !
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Amazing, thank you everyone!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our sort of day.
Perfect, enjoy.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Sounds fab. Would love to do this on our honeymoon this year!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Just to tweak above ideas - there’s a boat direct from WL to contemporary, thus avoiding MK, and you can walk from TTC to Poly which takes you through the gardens
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List