Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 25 Sep 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Parksters
Proud to wear my Ears

Parksters's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Magic your way tickets... so confused!

Ok... so we are next in Orlando from July 20th 2019. Booked villa & flights for 12 of us. Still researching car hire (currently astronomical)... I have always used Undercover Tourist to book Magic Your Way tickets and received real tickets.

However, I now see that the MYW structure is changing after 16th October 3018 so was going to buy either 3 or 4 day tickets (surely can be used in July 2019). But undercover tourist say it is eticket only and need to go to guest services at Disney to convert to real tickets or buy a magic band. Never done this before... help please!
Parksters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Parksters View Post
However, I now see that the MYW structure is changing after 16th October 3018 so was going to buy either 3 or 4 day tickets (surely can be used in July 2019).
Yes, if you buy the tickets today they will be fine to use in July 2019.

Originally Posted by Parksters View Post
But undercover tourist say it is eticket only and need to go to guest services at Disney to convert to real tickets or buy a magic band. Never done this before... help please!
Not entirely sure what help you're looking for but here goes...

The tickets you'll get from UndercoverTourist will be Will Call tickets. These are exactly the same sort of tickets you'll get if you bought MYW tickets direct from Disney. The Will Call email will contain a ticket reference number that you can link to your MyDisneyExperience account. This will allow you to book your fastpasses before you go, just like as if you had real tickets.

When you get to Disneyworld, you need to take the Will Call email, together with some photo ID, to one of the ticket desks or Guest Services at any of the parks. They'll exchange it for plastic tickets. If you already have MagicBands (or you buy some whilst out there) and have linked them to your MyDisneyExperience account, then you can use those instead of plastic tickets.

If you want real tickets delivered to you then you may want to try park-tickets.com (remember to include the hyphen). I believe they send out real tickets, however I've never used them and don't know how good they are.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
In 2015 we had MYW tickets from Orlando Attractions and they were real tickets
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
In 2015 we had MYW tickets from Orlando Attractions and they were real tickets
For 2019 MYW tickets, Orlando Attractions will only send out Will Call e-tickets. I'm not sure why both UndercoverTourist and OrlandoAttractions are doing that now.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We bought our Magic Your way tickets from Disney America and they linked them to our account instantly!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, if you buy the tickets today they will be fine to use in July 2019.

Not entirely sure what help you're looking for but here goes...

The tickets you'll get from UndercoverTourist will be Will Call tickets. These are exactly the same sort of tickets you'll get if you bought MYW tickets direct from Disney. The Will Call email will contain a ticket reference number that you can link to your MyDisneyExperience account. This will allow you to book your fastpasses before you go, just like as if you had real tickets.

When you get to Disneyworld, you need to take the Will Call email, together with some photo ID, to one of the ticket desks or Guest Services at any of the parks. They'll exchange it for plastic tickets. If you already have MagicBands (or you buy some whilst out there) and have linked them to your MyDisneyExperience account, then you can use those instead of plastic tickets.

If you want real tickets delivered to you then you may want to try park-tickets.com (remember to include the hyphen). I believe they send out real tickets, however I've never used them and don't know how good they are.
You can also collect at Disney Springs, we did this for our Ultimates, as we had to go to collect our Magic Bands from World of Disney and had planned to go to Typhoon Lagoon for our first day.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Think will call type is due to the fact that Disney were planning this new system and would only issue them with vouchers. Also you can not pay a deposit for 2019 MYW Disney tickets which I suspect is linked.

Advice from Orlando Attractions is buy now or at least before October deadline.

Edited at 10:43 AM. Reason: Additional info
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Cool

I also would like physical tickets rather than email tickets for next March. The only place I see is Park Savers bug I do t know who they are? Anyone used them before
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jenni001 View Post
I also would like physical tickets rather than email tickets for next March. The only place I see is Park Savers bug I do t know who they are? Anyone used them before
I have just bought mine from Orlando Attractions for next July and received the email confirmation within 7 hours with the official Disney ticket order confirmation saying valid for use until December 31st 2019 and instructions on how to link them to my Disney experience which all worked fine. You can do this is you want to use magic bands or whether you want to pick up the tickets from Disney when there. I do think this is safer than physical tickets that you could mislay.

Orlando Attractions are a registered Disney ticket retailer and Dibb advertiser that I have used from over 10 years ago and I trust. You can phone and order or do online with no difference in price.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List