Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 27 Sep 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Tickets on a budget!

Hi guys,

I spontaneously booked to go to Florida 2 days ago. Price reduced from £1600pp to £445pp with Virgin. For that price i couldn't resist and just went for it! Staying on I-Drive.

We tend to go every year and buy the multi ticket but usually go for 14 days (we weren't supposed to be going this year due to buying a house... oops).

We're going for 10 days (partner and I) but want to know the best way to get tickets on a semi-budget.

We mainly want to do Universal (and Islands of Adventure)
Busch Gardens
Volcano Bay
Possibly Seaworld (although not massively fussed about this)

When it comes to Disney we're only wanting to do:
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Typhoon Lagoon
Maybe Magic Kingdom (again not fussed about this).

We're only there for 10 days so i wanted to know if anyone has any tips on purchasing park tickets?

Thanks

Edited at 01:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Under cover tourist give good price Magic your Way tickets
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds like you are going to need the three park pass for Universal as buying singly day tickets to any of them will not work out much cheaper. You could get HHN tickets for studios which means that you can go in after 6, enjoy the rides and some scare houses. This is always going to be busy but its a cheaper way of doing studios. Then buy single day tickets to IOA and VB. Busch have stopped the great offers that they had but you can get single days for around the $80 mark How long do you want to spend in each of the Disney parks. The uk 2 week ticket is the same as 4 days base tickets to the park but you can probably get a 3 day park hopper for much less. Undercover tourist are excellent for these, they hold lots of special offers also which are often good pickings.
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
stefinscotland
Excited about Disney

Orlandoattractions offer the cheapest magic your way tickets.
Disney, Bahama Cruise and New York 2017
DLP 2018, Villa 2019, Villa 2023
stefinscotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

There isn’t really a cheap way to do what you want.
If you are likely to go back again in the near future then I’d look at missing Disney or Universal completely this trip then do it next time. As soon as you want 2 or 3 days at universal then you can get 14 days entry for the same price and similarly you will be looking at near £100 each per day for Disney tickets until you get to about 4 days at which point 14 days again is pretty much the same price. Seaworld / Busch works out a bit cheaper so I’d do this with one of the others if it was me and put the £500 - £600 saved to the next holiday.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There is no way of doing Disney cheaply and Universal is getting that way. I would do one or the other and skip Seaworld as you have indicated not too fussed.

10days- 9 parks will be rushed anyway. 👍👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

There is not really a cheap way to achieve your objective as you intend visiting several of each of the three franchises.

I would most certainly cut it to two ... or one and look at a second visit. I would guess that you have no children and therefore can travel outside of school hols, thus always getting a great deal.

When buying into SW, BG, you might look at a DC Ultimate non Swim that will not cost a great deal more whilst giving you Aquatica, plus of course a great day in DC with all food and drink paid for on that day. If you are driving, then the parking also comes free.

When buying into Universal, then it would make sense, if doing just 2 franchises to simply buy a Universal 14 as this gives you Islands, Universal and Volcano bay.

With the above two tickets (well below £400 pp although I don't know your dates for DC ), you have 7 days filled before you revisit anything.. plus they are all on IDrive so transport isn't even an issue with ITrolley available.

Disney is always painful on the wallet. You have named 4 parks, plus I note that you don't mind waterparks either. A Disney Ultimate will always be good value.

In summary and for 10 days, I would either buy a Universal 14 and DC Ultimate non Swim... or a Disney Ultimate 14. Do one option this time and the other on a subsequent visit. Trying to achieve all of your objectives in 10 days, whilst being extremely expensive is akin to trying to pour a quart into a pint pot.

Hoping this helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:47 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List