Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Oct 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Novice
Trainee Dibber

Mobile BA/Aer Lingus Codeshare

I’ve booked through ba.com for Aer Lingus flights (£900 less than booking with Aer Lingus). Cant book seats through ba, they’ve told me to ring Aer Lingus but been on hold for 37 minutes so far. Please can you tell me it is possible to book seats after all this?
Disney Novice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I did the same a couple of years ago and Aer Lingus booked my seats over the phone for me.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Novice
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
I did the same a couple of years ago and Aer Lingus booked my seats over the phone for me.
Thanks for reply, i’ve had to hang up after almost an hour. Tried 3 times today and can’t get through to anyone, some numbers are just cutting off!
Disney Novice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

we had to ring to book our seats, they did tell us that we would get no paperwork to confirm our booking as we had booked with BA, i rang 0333 006 6920 hope that helps
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hopefully, you've sorted it by now but that's all we have done is call Aer Lingus direct and they booked the seats free of charge
Old 12 Oct 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Novice
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies, managed to get through on the phone and seats booked!
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

If you book via BA.Is there 3 fare levels like on Aer Lingus?
Reason I ask is that 2 parents I know with 4 children booked via an 'agent' thinking seats included. It was days after the new 3 level fares were introduced.Now she cannot get seats together and is panicking as 3 of her children are on the autistic spectrum and it would be a nightmare for them and whoever they get to sit next to .She needs 6 seats across (4) x (2).She says only ones left cost 50 euro each!
She is getting assistance at the airport but clearly needs assistance on the aeroplane too.

Any ideas who she should contact? AL referred her back to 'agent' BUT I think AL should sort this out.

Anyone been in a similar situation?
She is afraid that if she leaves it until checkin, they may be split up all over the aircraft.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Just to add, as far as I can gather, she was unaware of the new policy/fare levels.
She thought it odd no seats allocated and contacted AL to find out why. |This was when she made the discovery that she had no seats, the cheaper seats had 'gone' and she was looking at 50 euro each or take her chances and wait until checkin. She flies out sometime in February.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post
If you book via BA.Is there 3 fare levels like on Aer Lingus?
Reason I ask is that 2 parents I know with 4 children booked via an 'agent' thinking seats included. It was days after the new 3 level fares were introduced.Now she cannot get seats together and is panicking as 3 of her children are on the autistic spectrum and it would be a nightmare for them and whoever they get to sit next to .She needs 6 seats across (4) x (2).She says only ones left cost 50 euro each!
She is getting assistance at the airport but clearly needs assistance on the aeroplane too.

Any ideas who she should contact? AL referred her back to 'agent' BUT I think AL should sort this out.

Anyone been in a similar situation?
She is afraid that if she leaves it until checkin, they may be split up all over the aircraft.

I think she needs to take it up with her “agent” as they made the booking for her and should have advised her that the price didn’t include seats. Perhaps if she lets the agent know about the special needs situation they may be more inclined to help. Otherwise I think her only option is to pay up or check in very early and hope they can sort it out at the desk but then she’ll have the same problem coming home

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List