Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jan 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Always DIY, haven't used a TA in about 20 years now. I find it gives better flexibility and more options are available, especially when booking into higher room categories which often aren't offered through the package operators.

I'll very occasionally self-book a package (through Expedia or similar) if it's a last minute holiday that doesn't require any customisation, but only if it's cheaper than separates and I know I won't need to change anything.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I booked mine (with Magic but it's exactly the same as booking direct, just Mattie gave me a better price) and then tweaked the dates a month later , as the cost was the same there was no charge to change it but had changing it reduced the price then Disney would have charged an amendment fee.
The only issue you'd have would be if there was availability issues with your new dates.
We have two different sets of flights booked, a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, AKL , a dibb villa , a cruise and a couple of free nights staying with Floridian friends. It's easier to DIY and definitely cheaper.
Just on the back of this, Disney have MAJOR problems with availability in 2018. I genuinely assumed it was to do with holding back inventory, however when we were there in December, we got invited to their offices and met some of the high up management, who simply told us that they are operating between 92-98% occupancy all the time, hence why so many new hotels are in the pipeline.

This came about because i asked has the price hike affected sales and he said no, they have increased in sales. He said he thinks its because of inflation in other destinations is comparable (which i agree with) and that the biggest feed back is customer feel safe.

So when booking a future break i would always consider making sure its the right choice for you and your family, as if you change your mind down the line (even with dates) it may be a big issue. Hence why if you get a package your happy with, go with it!

I hope you all don't mind me having a little input.

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Thanks mattie that makes sense. I went with a TA last time because she managed to get me exactly what I wanted for the same price I could anyway. But everyone seems to be doing it DIY. I seem to have gone the other way and gone from always doing it myself to using a TA more often now
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by dollydaydream7 View Post
Thanks mattie that makes sense. I went with a TA last time because she managed to get me exactly what I wanted for the same price I could anyway. But everyone seems to be doing it DIY. I seem to have gone the other way and gone from always doing it myself to using a TA more often now
We DIY the same way, so we can 99.99% of the time beat or match it, but i understand some people enjoy doing it.

I just think those who DIY may have more issues down the line when it comes to linking wth good value flights within 11 months. Agents aint kidding when they get the good rates in advance! have you seen Virgins October HT prices FO? OMG!

One of my clients has 21 nights at AKL for the current cost of 2!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
We DIY the same way, so we can 99.99% of the time beat or match it, but i understand some people enjoy doing it.

I just think those who DIY may have more issues down the line when it comes to linking wth good value flights within 11 months. Agents aint kidding when they get the good rates in advance! have you seen Virgins October HT prices FO? OMG!

One of my clients has 21 nights at AKL for the current cost of 2!
Haha blimey I think you’ll be hearing from me
When it comes time to book our next disney trip then Mattie
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by dollydaydream7 View Post
Haha blimey I think you’ll be hearing from me
When it comes time to book our next disney trip then Mattie
I’m just trying to give an example... some people are against agents but they maybe just have not had one that knows what they’d re talking about or has the flexibility that some do!

Anyway changing the subject cos I don’t want anyone to think I’m poaching I’m just trying to chat, we have a new member of staff starting soon who worked at walt Disney world!

How exciting!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
Old 10 Jan 18, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Haha sorry don’t mean to get you in trouble but I know what you mean. Our agent was great last time and got everything we wanted for near enough the same price. I’m getting way ahead of myself anyways as we can’t afford to go back until 2021 I don’t think, but a girl can day dream.
Old 10 Jan 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

We enjoy watching peoples vlogs when we miss it!

you could always have a cheeky trip to paris for a 'fix'

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
Old 10 Jan 18, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
We enjoy watching peoples vlogs when we miss it!

you could always have a cheeky trip to paris for a 'fix'
I tried DLP this year and honestly it wasn't anywhere near as good in my opinion. Even my favourite ride TOT wasn't the same.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I always suggest looking at cost of renting points via David's for many of the deluxe resorts it is substantially cheaper. The Brits haven't caught into this as much as the Americans yet.