Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lullington
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Yep - They are indirect prices. Only one direct flight per day. Supply and Demand in full flow it would seem for direct option. Only 3 direct operators from Manchester.

United / Lufthansa Indirect with one stop coming in at £473
Virgin / Delta Indirect with one stop £410
Our travel agent has us showing as being on VS73 in October which would mean 2 flights per day out of Manchester. I've just emailed asking if they can confirm our flight details as only VS75 is showing on Virgin Atlantic website. Our flights alone now would cost over 6k. We haven't paid much more for the entire trip! Maybe they will add the extra flight if the first flight fills up quickly?
Lullington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I was also looking as we wanted virgin direct from Manchester but gave up in the end and have booked to go Gatwick to Mco as it was much better than we had even budgeted. We will stay the night before near the airport but would have done from Manchester anyway so it's only a little bit further to drive. To us it was worth it hands down 😊

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
How do you get this plan up of days and flight prices? i am looking at flights but i will be willing to do any day that is cheaper?
Use the within 5 week button on the search page.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked through virgin (package) flying from man - mco and found that the prices dropped considerably flying on the 31st October - I have no idea what they’re like now, or just for flights, but I was told October tends to be expensive due to school holidays
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

We booked our Manchester to Orlando flights for October with Virgin Holidays last June. We did it as a fly drive and paid just over £600 each, which I thought was expensive at the time (I’d seen posts about people getting them for less than £500) but I wanted to get everything booked. Looking at the prices for the same flights now, I’m shocked how expensive they are. I know it’s a popular time for us Brits to travel to Florida but they do seem exceptionally high. I hope they do eventually come down for those people who are still waiting to book.
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dave View Post
Use the within 5 week button on the search page.
thank you so much xx

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The last week of October is half term week, at least it is here in Merseyside, and MAN is our nearest airport.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
Seems to me virgin are offering less direct flights from Manchester and more indirect with their delta partnership. There are 2 direct flights to MCO when we fly but only 1 direct flight on Friday 7th sept then there’s 2 on the 8th but then drops back off to only 1 direct flight. Loads of indirect options every day. Even those are quite expensive though.
I think you have hit the nail on the head and I can see 2 reasons why

When the 747's get retired the replacement aircraft will have less carrying capacity. Start to put this in place now.

Secondly Virgin have become a bit player and Delta now calls the shots and if they want their routes to be full they will cut VA flights accordingly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think you have hit the nail on the head and I can see 2 reasons why

When the 747's get retired the replacement aircraft will have less carrying capacity. Start to put this in place now.

Secondly Virgin have become a bit player and Delta now calls the shots and if they want their routes to be full they will cut VA flights accordingly.
When are the 747s being retired Mr Tom Morrow? What are they getting in their place? Thanks
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
We booked our Manchester to Orlando flights for October with Virgin Holidays last June. We did it as a fly drive and paid just over £600 each, which I thought was expensive at the time (I’d seen posts about people getting them for less than £500) but I wanted to get everything booked. Looking at the prices for the same flights now, I’m shocked how expensive they are. I know it’s a popular time for us Brits to travel to Florida but they do seem exceptionally high. I hope they do eventually come down for those people who are still waiting to book.
We also booked last year, on the 31st January to be exact, with virgin holidays, also booked a flydrive but won't take the car, we've got the v room too included & have paid £550 each, we go just into October half term, 22nd for 2 weeks, I cannot believe the prices now, I've checked quite a few times since booking & they only went up & up, our flights are now about £1050 each so glad I booked when I did, crazy prices

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List