Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Virgin holidays experiences

Hi everyone,
I’ve booked my holiday with virgin for Jan and just want to know everyone’s experiences who’ve gone with them before. We’re doing two weeks at Rosen Inn and have two 14 day universal passes. Many thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

We've flown with Virgin every time we have been to Florida (probably about ten times now ) and have never had any real issues with them - in our experience, the staff are friendly and helpful, the food and drink provision is okay and the in-flight entertainment is good. Planes are modern. There's also the option of booking the V-room if you are flying from Gatwick which is a nice start to your holiday.

We usually fly economy but went p/e for my 40th birthday some years ago - good experience but have decided to use the money saved by going economy in the parks, shopping etc

Although we would consider going with another carrier if the price was very much cheaper than Virgin, we have always been happy with Virgin and would recommend them.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dkra2007
Apprentice Imagineer

Just come back from our 10th trip with Virgin Holidays.

No issues with them at all.
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

We've been with Virgin 5 times now. Can't fault them. Lovely staff, good food and great planes
May 15th Homewood Suites near Universal.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

When all goes well, they’re very good. When you get a problem as big as the last 2 yrs overbooking fiasco, then beware.l
Read the posts of how people including myself, have had to wait 4-5 months after booking to find they couldn’t fulfill the booking.
You will find no help, passed pillar to post to sort yourself with Disney help.
Hopefully the fall in peoples loyalty will teach them that overbooked places destroy people dreams and will not be tolerated.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m sure as you are off site, you won’t have any issues. But VH have been a disaster for many many on-site bookings. See threads from earlier this year and mine from last year concerning this years booking.

We have flown VA before and they were brilliant. Will never hesitate to fly VA again on future DIY trips and looking forward to flying with them next month. But VH we will never use again.

They are fine when they’re selling to you. But that’s about it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Been with Virgin holidays a few times. Booked on line and in store. Not had any problems. Only thing I can say us we’ve never had any freebies such as the V room as some have had. One tip I would highly recommend is to check your paperwork carefully this applies to all travel agents. If you do have any problems then they are just a phone call away. Some hotels also have a rep who visits once a week.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Having booked with them a couple of times in the early years and now doing DiY I see no different TBH
As we normally fly with virgin anyway that's the same can be great bug again had a couple that have not been,
and when your in resort apart from being invited to a welcome meeting where they try and sell you stuff that's a lot more expensive through them I never saw or heard from them.
and even the year of the ash cloud we flew at that time and I had to go on here for updates!
So don't expect too much
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Booked with Virgin Holidays/Travel City direct about 18 times now i believe for ourselves and various family members and friends.

Never had an issue other than once with a rep. She sold us some universal breakfast early entry things and even though we'd asked about 10 times would my daughter be tall enough to ride the main harry potter ride she said yes, and of course... she was too small. Complaint and money back. Simple.

Flights have always been good, planes fine. Free drinks on board and friendly cabin crew.

Which Rosen Inn are you staying at? There are a good few on the international drive area. (5 i think)

Virgin do free breakfasts for 2 days an evening meal at rosen if i remember right.

Also virgin have the downtown disney (urgh i mean disney springs) check in which is very good for offsite guests.

All in all never really had an issue.
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
We came home Wednesday flew with VA booked with Virgin holidays. Stayed Wilderness Lodge and Rosen @ PO. Fantastic holiday.
Plane coming home felt a bit dated - DDs seat cushion looked a bit tatty had to call flight attendant who fitted seat cover back on properly, my seat - the ear phone plugs wouldn't fit the socket and then seat back TV wouldn't work. Brought me IPad to watch which was fine.
Also over toilet area some rubber like coving? was hanging loose.
Crew were great, food ok and plane got us safely home.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List