Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

What are your 'must' do's when you're out there?

So the time has come and we have booked the tickets! Got a great deal with Orlando Ticket Deals from calling up £625 child and £645 adult 2019 combo tickets along with some freebies which is always a nice bonus!

So now it is time for the planning whilst we wait for flights to be released (Nov 2019 we go)

So it has been a while since we went and my DS was 4 months last time - he will be 3 and a half when we go. 7 adults and 1 child for 2 weeks.

What is everyones 'Must Do' when they go out there? Would love to do an itinerary this time and experience as much as possible! Be great to here you're favourites 😊

Edited at 05:58 PM.
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

it will all depend on what you like - for me i like the big rides and i am not bothered by some of the shows or character meets. However at MNSSHP i did enjoy meeting Stitch and Tarzan!

i suggest getting everyone to write down there must do ride or show and then plan around those so that everyone is covered.

Dole whip - i always wondered why people went crazy about them but it was delicious and cooling. next time i will try the dole float.
Old 14 Oct 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I had a Dole float several times when I was there in September. Pineapple is my favourite fruit and it was absolute heaven for me! It was my first Dole Whip too.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I don't like thrill rides so went on the kiddy and family type rides during my recent trip. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was the thrillest ride I went on! Apart from Splash Mountain which I absolutely love and went on 4 times during my recent trip I love shows and characters greets - fur ones anyway. I never know what to say to the 'face' ones. One of the days I went to AK I wore a tee shirt with Donald Duck and Chip & Dale on it which I'd bought in DLP the year before. When I had photos taken with them all three of them pointed at themselves on it! They loved it! I enjoy the shows too - Legend of the Lion King in AK is great. Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast in HS are lovely. If your party like animals the Kilimanjaro Safari in AK is great. I went in the middle of the day and despite reading on here many times that not many show themselves at that time of day I saw several. It was 36 degrees that day so very hot and I was surprised I saw so many. Food wise the best meal of my trip was lunch at Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK. I'd read mixed reviews about it but it was absolutely delicious, very peaceful there too.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Def must have a few dole floats and Funnel Cake from the world showcase in Epcot . Large bottle of Strawberry Fanta from walmart/Target for $1 . A few trips to Bath $ Body Works is a must for me And Test Track as many times poss .

Edited at 07:08 PM.
68nic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Funnel cake. RFC breakfast. Soarin and ToT. And see the frogs living in the gates at the TTC.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Good question.
A day in Discovery Cove.
A churro
An airboat ride

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Trails end brunch
Cali grill brunch
Ample hills creamery
Teppan Edo
Soarin
Splash mountain
Peter Pan
Pirates
Haunted mansion
People mover
Have fun!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you everyone definitely given us some great ideas which we can do out there. I have never heard of a dole float before that is going straight on the list!
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If you like pineapple you'll love the Dole float. It's pineapple juice in a cup topped with soft serve pineapple ice cream stuff which is the Dole Whip.