Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Crunching numbers...

Long post coming up...

We had not planned to make use of free ddp next year (and haven't before) but I have crunched numbers and it is kind of making sense to me... what do you guys think? Obviously the offer ends in just over a week so we haven't got too much thinking time!

This year we went at the end of April/start of May for two weeks. Stayed at Cabana Bay with one night at All Star Music before rope dropping AK. We had a TUI package for under £1000pp inc. transfers and extra legroom. We spent approx. £550pp on 2-day MYW base tickets, Universal 14-day and DC ultimate tickets (non-swim). We took £1200 with us (combined) and came back with $200, even after spending lots on clothes! We only really eat at QS places and have the occasional nice meal at City Walk. So I think overall it was about £2100pp.

Next year (late Sept/Oct), we planned to start with a few nights at Disney then Cabana Bay - total nights = 16. DH has never been much of a Disney fan but loves AK and has been watching videos of Epcot's food and wine and now wants to go there next time (I have negotiated in my usual MK day too!). So we would have spent on:

Direct flights MAN to MCO (around £400).
5 nights at Pop Century (only paying for 4 as we have a free night to use from Disney).
11 nights at Cabana Bay.
3-day MYW tickets.
DC Ultimate (non-swim).
14-day Universal + HHN Frequent Fear.

= £2000pp approx. + a max. £700pp spends = TOTAL £2700pp.

However, I have now looked into ddp (and getting more Disney tickets as we don't like feeling 'trapped' in a single park for one day as you are with MYW tickets) and can get either:

Pop Century (7 nights) + Cabana Bay (9 nights) = £2169pp (+ £600pp spends due to QS breakfast?) = TOTAL £2769pp (including flights and all of the above tickets but swapping 3 MYW for the 14-day Ultimate).

OR

Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs (7 nights) + Cabana Bay (9 nights) = £2386pp (+ £400 spends due to QS DDP?) = TOTAL £2786pp (including flights and all of the above tickets but swapping 3 MYW for the 14-day Ultimate).

What do you think and what would you go for?! Does the pricing all sound there or thereabouts to you?

Thank you so much in advance!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hey.
You will only be able to have dining for one part of doing two hotels as you need to buy tickets for each stay to qualify. This may change your costings
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dragsapphire View Post
Hey.
You will only be able to have dining for one part of doing two hotels as you need to buy tickets for each stay to qualify. This may change your costings
Only our first hotel (7 nights) will be in Disney, second part of the holiday is at Cabana Bay in Universal. Sorry if I wasn't clear! So I have costed for only having it for 7 days
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Only our first hotel (7 nights) will be in Disney, second part of the holiday is at Cabana Bay in Universal. Sorry if I wasn't clear! So I have costed for only having it for 7 days
Sorry totally didn’t see that haha.
Then yes it all looks pretty good to me
I would go Caribbean as I think it just looks like a nicer resort and all the new dining options would be interesting
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dragsapphire View Post
Sorry totally didn’t see that haha.
Then yes it all looks pretty good to me
I would go Caribbean as I think it just looks like a nicer resort and all the new dining options would be interesting
Thank you! I like the look of that one too...
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

I think it makes sense to book now whilst free dining is offered.. yes it’s more but you know your meals and snacks are included beforehand and like you say the freedom of being able to move around the parks as you please.

My DH isn’t the biggest Disney fan, but loves the water parks you could schedule these in with your tickets too.

Let us know what you decide!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
I think it makes sense to book now whilst free dining is offered.. yes it’s more but you know your meals and snacks are included beforehand and like you say the freedom of being able to move around the parks as you please.

My DH isn’t the biggest Disney fan, but loves the water parks you could schedule these in with your tickets too.

Let us know what you decide!
Thank you. I do definitely agree.

Flights are at about the £470 mark at the moment - I wish they were under £400 as I would definitely book then. I’ve never booked accommodation without having flights sorted before (in case they become unreasonably expensive). Are ATD easy to switch dates by a day or two if I need to or would I have to pay?
Old 16 Oct 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you. I do definitely agree.

Flights are at about the £470 mark at the moment - I wish they were under £400 as I would definitely book then. I’ve never booked accommodation without having flights sorted before (in case they become unreasonably expensive). Are ATD easy to switch dates by a day or two if I need to or would I have to pay?
I’ve never booked with ATD... the first time as an adult was a family trip with Thompson, second time I booked DIY (hotel with Disney and flights with Thomas Cook and next year we have booked a Virgin package).
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List