Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PiixiieMagiic
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Spending Money for 2 Aduts

Hi,

My partner and I are travelling in October.
I know this is a difficult one but how much spending money do you think we would need for 2 weeks.
We are staying on IDrive and do not have car hire.
We have free transport to universal parks and will be getting Ubers to Disney.
We plan on going to Walmart to stock up on breakfast items and snacks for the parks. We have 4 Disney meals planned l, 1 lunch a BOG, 1 Breakfast and Garden Grill, 1 Breakfast at Crystal Palace and 1 dinner at Sci-fi dining. Apart from that we are thinking of eating on IDrive.

Any help would be appreciated just so we can get an idea

Thanks in advance
PiixiieMagiic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Off-site I generally budget for $100pp per day - we don't drink or smoke, we stayed on IDrive and used Lyft to get to/from Disney, and took snacks into the park and stocked up on drinks in Walmart. I allowd myself to buy souveneirs when I wanted them and at the end of the holiday I topped up an additional $20 and bought a Nintendo Switch from Walmart.

It's a highly personal choice what you think is a reasonable amount. Personally I could probably cut down to $80pp per day, but I like to buy things

Edited at 10:17 PM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'd say if u have space in your case take cereal with you - the cereal in the usa is vile and really expensive compared to over here plus once you eat it thats extra room for bringing stuff back lol same with snacks - snack packs of crisps and cereal bars are very expensive compared to stuff back home.

If your room has a fridge you can pick up some lunchables type things and ham/cheese etc for sarnies which you can take to parks.

Your main expense will prob be drinks in the park so maybe look at getting some squishables to take to te park with you so you guys can get some cups of ice water to have with it

You may also end up getting bus/uber from universal as October is more off season so the transport runs from your hote may be limited to one pick up time each day so that will add in too

For food on i-drive we have $20 per person. Our hotel has a free all you can eat hot buffet breakfast. We also have a fridge so will be doing a walmart shop ourselves and get some snacks in. Some days we will eat cheap - cicis all you can eat buffet for like $8 per person, other days we will eat more expensive like bahama breeze where we can spend around $50-60 between us but it evens out.

Do you already have transport arranged for airport? If you dont I would recommend getting the bus from the airport to i-drive when you arrive it will only cost you like $4 for both of you and then an uber back to the airport its like $35-40ish which will be a lot cheaper than paying for transport

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Meant to add we generally have around $50 each per day spending money as well as the $20 food money so thats like $70 a day but we dont buy much stuff anymore other than some xmas decs and cons

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

We take around $1500 each and budget $100 per day, however some days you never spend that amount some days you might depending on the type of meals you have and where you eat.

What we have left at the end of each day then goes to shopping for cloths

We buy a case of water and freeze some of them when we go out we put frozen water in a cool bag and leave in car, but as you do not have a car you can not do that.
There are loads of places to eat and most at good prices.
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
Meant to add we generally have around $50 each per day spending money as well as the $20 food money so thats like $70 a day but we dont buy much stuff anymore other than some xmas decs and cons
$20 per day food I think that is a bit light. Three of us and we allow $100 per day food and normally are just under. This is general America not just Orlando and I know Orlando is a bit cheaper than other places but I still think $20 a day not enough a coffee is $3+ in Starbucks and the same for water a Big Mac meals is what $6 ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

I go with my daughter and when we stay off site, I budget 150 a day for us. I think it just depends on what you are eating etc... dining reservations in Disney aren’t cheap so try and book breakfasts where possible as these are slightly cheaper. Also, a decent breakfast will fill you up so you can have a light lunch/snack until tea time. From international drive to Disney is about 20 dollars each way. Look at prices of things on website, and take a water bottle that you can refill for free in the parks. We went last October and it was HOT during the day!

Edited at 09:26 AM.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We probably spend about $120 a day between the two of us. We don’t buy anything from Walmart etc, so that is with eating every meal out - but we’ve never eaten at a sit-down Disney restaurant, only QS (thankful for having the DDP so we can try them this time!), but we always eat sit-down at at Universal, at almost every citywalk restaurant. I think we get away with only spending this much as at Universal we have the refillable drinks cup and at Disney we drink a lot of free iced water. We also eat offsite a few times. You can take a look at the food report in my signature for an idea of the type of thing we eat for this much. 😊 This also includes any souvenirs and shopping we may do, which can be a couple of hundred dollars in the outlets but we don’t buy that many souvenirs.

We spent more on Ubers the first time we went together as we couldn’t be bothered waiting for the shuttles at our idrive hotel, but last time we stayed at Cabana Bay and found we saved a lot on transport as it was all so simple. We only spent on Ubers to get to Disney and back twice, and a couple more times when we’d walked to offsite restaurants and couldn’t be bothered to walk back! We don’t usually count Uber in our spends though as we take cash for everything else.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
I'd say if u have space in your case take cereal with you - the cereal in the usa is vile and really expensive compared to over here

NOOOOOO, this is entirelty wrong. They have some great cerials, cinabon breakfast cerial is the best EVER!

ALso they have some amazing toaster strudle type things, or get some Jimmy Dean sauasge muffins etc.

As for spending money, id say Tel N Kel are bang on with what they say, my replty would have been identical word for word.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

If you both like a glass of wine or a beer I would recommend buying at Wal-Mart. It's much cheaper than drinking alcohol with a meal or at the parks.

For your main question if it was me going for 2 weeks with 2 adults I would take £2K

Wishing you a fantastic holiday
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List