Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Prescription swimming goggles

My ds14’s eyesight has deteriorated to -5 in one eye and -2 in the other making it hard for him to swim.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to order him some goggles from. His last pair were from spec savers but he didn’t fin£ them very comfortable,
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We have used these people on numerous occasions:

prescription-swimming-gog...r-opt9000.html

This basic goggle suits my active boys just fine. My oldest is -4 so really struggles without them. The one thing I would say, is that if your son has an astigmatism, the the goggles won’t correct this. Our optician jiggled around with his prescription to suggest the best combination for him. He gets new glasses every 6 months or so, so these are cheap enough to upgrade as well.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loopy9
I want to go now!

Mobile

Decathlon do prescription goggles that you make yourself you buy the frame and then the lenses you need. They are called selfit. Me and my husband have them and they are very comfortable, there are different sizes and you can replace one lens if it gets scratched and it’s only about £14 for the pair.
loopy9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

I am - 5 also. I bought these aqua sphere Eagle goggles. I bought from wiggle but they are available elsewhere. You then buy the lens separately according to prescription and swop them into frame instead of the normal ones. I have these 1 year and use them regularly. Its great to be able to see in water and around the pool area.
wiggle/aqua-sphere...angeable-lens/
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you all for the reply’s I shall now go and research 😉
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

We did it at Costco so you'll either need an account there or know someone who has. I believe they were £25.

However I have been eyeing up the link above by TheHughesCrew so it is good to hear from someone who has had them from there.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loopy9 View Post
Decathlon do prescription goggles that you make yourself you buy the frame and then the lenses you need. They are called selfit. Me and my husband have them and they are very comfortable, there are different sizes and you can replace one lens if it gets scratched and it’s only about £14 for the pair.
My kids swim competitivelg and have always used Specsavers as you can order different lenses for each eye.

Most places say same prescription in both. I've recently been recommended Decathlon as you pick a different lens for each and they're available in store so no waiting.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post

Have used these for my last two sets of goggles, good prices and quick delivery.

Make sure you have a good look at their offerings, some models let you specify different strengths for each eye.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hotlush View Post
Have used these for my last two sets of goggles, good prices and quick delivery.

Make sure you have a good look at their offerings, some models let you specify different strengths for each eye.
Yes, my son has a slightly different prescription in each eye. And you can upgrade just one lense at a time if needs be as they are interchangeable, you don't have to buy the full strap etc every time.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post

This is the website I’ve used a few times too. I have the Blick ones. Highly recommend the website and those goggles.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List