Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Sep 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

I must have got lucky as I got a studio at CC at the 7 month window
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fmol196 View Post
I must have got lucky as I got a studio at CC at the 7 month window
You did albeit April is a slower time, even so you did well to get a CCV studio.
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The view as well as the resort and the room type also plays a part.

I have tried at 11 months on the dot - and failed - twice over Christmas / NYE at BLT in an SV studio.

This was 2017 and 2015 so I suspect if anything it’s even less easy now.
Old 26 Sep 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
DVC is expensive. The buyers are also 'value seekers' (hence low point times are ironically now the busiest times).
Spending twice the points for the same number of nights is not as popular, so 1 beds go much, much slower and you generally have lots of choice at 7 months.
This is why anyone buying in at a v expensive resort, should always consider buying twice the points at a cheaper resort if they want to get 7 month bookings. Dues are higher though of course.
Also 1 beds are dedicated units. 2 beds can be just as hard to get as studios because most of them incorporate a studio. Every lock-off taken up by a studio reservation automatically becomes an available 1 bed.

I believe that a lot of people who buy contracts which would have been intended to use up 1 bed allocation actually stay more frequently in studios. People with smaller contracts can't trade up to a 1 bed, so we end up with over demand on studios and an abundant of 1 beds. It's worse at CC because they've got a huge chunk of points allocated to the bungalows which are actually being used in the main building.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Also 1 beds are dedicated units. 2 beds can be just as hard to get as studios because most of them incorporate a studio. Every lock-off taken up by a studio reservation automatically becomes an available 1 bed.

I believe that a lot of people who buy contracts which would have been intended to use up 1 bed allocation actually stay more frequently in studios. People with smaller contracts can't trade up to a 1 bed, so we end up with over demand on studios and an abundant of 1 beds. It's worse at CC because they've got a huge chunk of points allocated to the bungalows which are actually being used in the main building.
Some good points there Hollie. I think yes, some people may trade down, but rarely trade up so to speak. I stay in 1 beds almost exclusively, but we may be low on points next summer, with 2 Xmas trips sandwiched with a VGC stay in a 1 bed, our points are being zapped this next year, so we are considering maybe Poly (or possibly RIV) in a studio for 4 nights even after another add on. So yes, that is a 1 bedder so to speak suddenly taking yet another studio.
Totally agree with you on the Cabins- albeit they do get booked up a bit quicker than those bungalows at Poly - they are always in the last minute availability list and a disastrous points hog. But of course, extremely profitable points sinks for the developer.
CCV has relatively few studios. If you want a studio at CCV, definitely buy there. In fact even if you want a 1 bed at CCV seriously think if you need to buy there- and that is unheard of really for other resorts.

Edited at 10:33 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I think of the seven month mark beach club and boardwalk are very difficult to get hold of and
The cheaper rooms at Baylake tower
We are in a Coppercreek and we’ve always booked two bedrooms but when booking we found studios unavailable
We are only a family of 4but do prefer the space of a 2 bed.
I do look at the availability of studios as it would be cheaper to rent two studios but as per the other post I’ve never found any at Copper at the 11 month window

We recently stayed at Saratoga Springs and really like the result and bought points there and that’s a different kettle of fish you seem to be Be able to get all types of rooms there
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post

Skier Pete just updated his charts to include 2 beds. Obviously at BWV where all 2 beds are lock off they are just going on studio availability. Generally 2 beds are easier to get than studios, but not as easy as 1 beds.