Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Sep 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Much preferred Rosen Pointe to the Avanti. Avanti was filthy. Haven't stayed at endless summer so can't comment on that one.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

We had this debate for our trip next May and eventually went with Rosen Plaza because of the great reviews on here and it was within budget.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sunnysandra View Post
Despicable 3 did a vlog on endless summer resort , looks a lovely resort but as you said not a lot of storage in the room .
We watched that the other night. Its a great video. Their only compliant did seem to be about the storage, everything else looked great

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
We stayed at the Avanti in 2017 and it did us fine for 2 wks. Our room was always clean, the hotel although clearly an old motel type building was always clean and tidy esp the reception and cafe area.

We have booked to go back next October, the location is fab also, we always felt safe.
Glad you liked it enough to rebook

Originally Posted by Scott family View Post
My niece is at the Avanti now. She asked and got a refurbished room on the top floor. They’re really happy with it. She sent pictures and looks really nice.
I wonder if they will get around to refurbishing most of the rooms by the time we go

Did your niece have to pay extra for the refurbished room do you know ?

Originally Posted by barbie5 View Post
We stayed at Endless Summer in August and we loved it, would choose it again, you were close to quite a few places to eat, and there is always the shuttlebus to City Walk, if we went to Bahama Breeze or millers we just jumped on the trolley. We were their for a month and managed with storage we had the 2 room suite it was lovely.

Chris
Thank you

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
You're right the rooms at the Rosen are a little dark.

Are you planning on spending a lot of time in your room? We hardly used ours during the day (and didnt find it overly dark when we were in with the curtains and net things opened fully.

On a night... yeah everywhere is dark
No we certainly aren't expecting to spend a lot of time in our room. We own our DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge and that is notorious for people complaining that the rooms are dark !
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
No i didn’t like it at all really- it didn’t spoil my holidays we are always busy in and out of the hotel. When we got there there was a South American sat outside the room next to us playing music at full blast.
When we got inside the room- things were dirty so we called the cleaning team to come back- mould on the lampshade etc. We also didn’t get any housekeeping for the 2 nights we were there
Too many people smoking around the pool for my liking. I’m hoping I don’t sound snobby- we had also done 1 night at pop century which we pleasantly surprised us!
Not snobby at all, I would be the same

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Much preferred Rosen Pointe to the Avanti. Avanti was filthy. Haven't stayed at endless summer so can't comment on that one.
I am definitely leaning towards the Rosen Pointe at the minute

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
We had this debate for our trip next May and eventually went with Rosen Plaza because of the great reviews on here and it was within budget.
I have priced it up and I think the Rosen Plaza seems to be a bit too much compared to the Rosen pointe, but thank you
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we like the rosen @pointe and will be going back for our3rd visit to this hotel on saturday,great location rooms cleaned every day,visible uniformed security,staff have always been great.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
No extra charge. My niece emailed the hotel before she arrived requesting a refurbished room on a high floor. When she checked in, she reminded them again of her request and they gave her a lovely room.
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I was able to get the Plaza for the cheaper than my original quote for the Pointe because Charter Travel discounted it. Mine was a package though.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Avanti and the rosen are both in great locations, the Avanti's pool and sun lounging area is hundred times better than the Rosens

Rosen doesn't charge a resort fee but the avanti does, I've stayed in both hotels twice and if both hotels were coming in at the same price I'd go to the Avanti every time
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

How much is the resort fee at the Avanti?
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Feemac
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve booked the Avanti for October this year first time staying there looked at my booking confirmation and it says $12 per night but that covers the shirt;e buses to Disney and universal parks if your going to be using them
Feemac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List