Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Aug 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
Need help with my packing list, longest cruise we have done is 7 nights. Do you just double up on clothes i.e. pack for 7 nights, do I need to just take one formal dress or two.

My head is spinning now as also making a list for my son who's just got into University So I have 3 weeks to pack for us both
It's up to you how many formal dresses you take Some take 2 others just the 1, some don't take any as they don't like formal nights

We are taking enough to last the 14 days as we have the luggage allowance.
On the EBTA we did make a list of clothing for each night and took just that, nothing extra, as we had a rubbish luggage allowance. That way we didn't overpack, it worked really well.
Old 16 Aug 14, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm going to have to double up because as soon as the cruise finishes I'm flying straight to Canada for 4 weeks in Vancouver. I will be there until nearly the end of October so will need a completely different set of clothes for a different season.
I will have to divide my clothes and also try and take things that as much as possible can double up, but it's a bit of a nightmare. I can't take too many formal clothes that I won't wear again in Canada. I've bought myself a new lightweight case, but even with that it's tricky.
Old 16 Aug 14, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
My head is spinning now as also making a list for my son who's just got into University So I have 3 weeks to pack for us both
Congratulations to your Son. Which Uni is he going to?
Our Son has been at Lancaster for 2 years, the first year we dropped him off with a car load of stuff (hang on will try find his Blog post) ...

Here it is mathewgillings.wordpress/...er-university/
You will see the car loaded up, about 50% of that came back at the end of year 1 without being used.

If your Son enjoys reading Matt has set up a University section on his Blog, documenting his Uni life from his UCAS application onwards (he needs to get it upto date) Just click on the University Tab mathewgillings.wordpress/

I hope your Son enjoys Uni as much as Matt has, its been the best 2 years of his life, loved every second of it, and to think 2 years ago we were not sure he would settle.
Old 16 Aug 14, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I'm going to have to double up because as soon as the cruise finishes I'm flying straight to Canada for 4 weeks in Vancouver. I will be there until nearly the end of October so will need a completely different set of clothes for a different season.
I will have to divide my clothes and also try and take things that as much as possible can double up, but it's a bit of a nightmare. I can't take too many formal clothes that I won't wear again in Canada. I've bought myself a new lightweight case, but even with that it's tricky.
Hmm, sounds tricky Carolyn
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Hmm, sounds tricky Carolyn
Yes Jools. I think I'm going to cut down on shorts for example because all being well if there are sea days I'll be around the pool or just reading somewhere so will be in swimmy things and my excursions are mostly beach based. I will need jeans for Canada, and some woolly stuff. I will take two formal dresses, and then just a variety of tops and trousers that can double up for both places. Well that's the plan anyway!
Old 16 Aug 14, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Your plan sounds Ivery like mine Carolyn. I know I don't need much stuff as most of the day will be spent loafing around and I don't actually care if I wear the same outfit for more than one evening. My excursions are also mostly beach things - not long now
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Congratulations to your Son. Which Uni is he going to?
Our Son has been at Lancaster for 2 years, the first year we dropped him off with a car load of stuff (hang on will try find his Blog post) ...

Here it is mathewgillings.wordpress/...er-university/
You will see the car loaded up, about 50% of that came back at the end of year 1 without being used.

If your Son enjoys reading Matt has set up a University section on his Blog, documenting his Uni life from his UCAS application onwards (he needs to get it upto date) Just click on the University Tab mathewgillings.wordpress/

I hope your Son enjoys Uni as much as Matt has, its been the best 2 years of his life, loved every second of it, and to think 2 years ago we were not sure he would settle.
My DD started at Lancaster last year, she didn't like her course so is starting again as a fresher this year on a new course!

She loves Lancaster, both the Uni and the city. You're right about the full car load and half being unused! We're going to NYC for 6 days after the cruise so as soon as we're home it's a 4 and a half hour drive back up to Lancaster with the bare minimum!

There's piles of clothes on the spare bed for the cruise, piles of clothes on the spare bedroom floor for uni, piles of uni essentials in the dining room, can't wait to have my house back!

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rockette View Post
My DD started at Lancaster last year, she didn't like her course so is starting again as a fresher this year on a new course!

She loves Lancaster, both the Uni and the city. You're right about the full car load and half being unused! We're going to NYC for 6 days after the cruise so as soon as we're home it's a 4 and a half hour drive back up to Lancaster with the bare minimum!

There's piles of clothes on the spare bed for the cruise, piles of clothes on the spare bedroom floor for uni, piles of uni essentials in the dining room, can't wait to have my house back!
Shame she didn't like the course. Hope this year is more successful.
Which college is she is?
She will possibly have seen my son around, gets quite involved with things, he is a Student Ambassador, just been elected County College’s Male Welfare and Community Officer. President of Making Memories makingmemoriesuk/the-exec-201314/
Also works in Admin in his spare time as well as other rolls. Just now he has gone down to Ghana to Lancaster's campus down there to try raise the profile of the Uni, develop their website, Twitter, Facebook etc.
Old 16 Aug 14, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Shame she didn't like the course. Hope this year is more successful.
Which college is she is?
She will possibly have seen my son around, gets quite involved with things, he is a Student Ambassador, just been elected County College’s Male Welfare and Community Officer. President of Making Memories makingmemoriesuk/the-exec-201314/
Also works in Admin in his spare time as well as other rolls. Just now he has gone down to Ghana to Lancaster's campus down there to try raise the profile of the Uni, develop their website, Twitter, Facebook etc.
She's a Pendle witch - very appropriate
She's looking forward to a not so intense course, last year she didn't really have time to get involved in any societies so hopefully she have more activity time this year. I think they have a couple of friends in common but not actually bumped into each other. I had no idea they had a campus in Ghana, impressive! Well done to your son for being so involved.

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Your plan sounds Ivery like mine Carolyn. I know I don't need much stuff as most of the day will be spent loafing around and I don't actually care if I wear the same outfit for more than one evening. My excursions are also mostly beach things - not long now
Yay Jools well at least at dinner we will be a matching pair ha ha!