Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 19, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Ladies - what did you wear in Jan/Feb?

We are off 30th Jan for 11 nights , back on the 10th Feb.
Has anybody got any wardrobe tips?
Have culottes, maxi skirts ... will they be too much in the heat?
Will I need spaghetti strap tops or are short sleeved / mid length sleeves ok?
Will I need jeans in the evenings? Or will they be too hot?

Having only visited Orlando in Sept previously I’m used to scorching weather ! But after reading a few weather websites it is constantly saying how cold it gets especially in the mornings - and we are park opening people!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Interested in this too - im going in Feb . Im think mainly maxi dresses/ t-shirt & shorts, then couple pairs of jeans and a cadri xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It does vary. We were there this year from 26th Jan thru 16th Feb & it was exceptionally cold.
On 30th Jan, it never got above 9c! We’re park openers too.
In AK, I was wearing fleece trousers, wool jumper, fleece cardigan, jacket, hat, gloves, scarf & wooly socks all day!
By the next week, I only needed a fleece in the mornings & evenings.
Maybe just take one pair of trousers & a hoody. You can easily buy warmer clothes there if you need them.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Touch of Tink
Trainee Dibber

Been a few times in Jan and wore mostly 'summer' clothes that I would wear in the UK. A couple of days only did I need a fleece and that was for evenings at Epcot. Perhaps we were just lucky but temp was around 24/28 degs during the day. As we have stayed offsite in a villa, we did need to have the heating on in the pool though! Hope this has helped and have a great time
Touch of Tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Alfiesmum
Excited about Disney

We were there this February 12-19. The weather was fabulous for the whole week. We had mid to high 70s every day. I wore shorts and t shirts every day and I didn’t need to bother with a cardigan or hoodie at all.
We were in the pool every afternoon (we stayed at Saphire Falls) and spent quite a few mornings at Volcano Bay, which was quite empty.
I felt it was like a very hot summers day in the UK, the only difference being the sun set quite early (roughly by 7pm).
Alfiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I went about that time this year, my research into what to wear, revealed that it varies a lot from year to year. I think you might need to wait until nearer the time and see what the forecasts say.

This year it was cool but nice the first week and then heated up to late 20s during the second week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went early Feb 2017 and the weather was beautiful everyday, shorts and T-shirt / dresses everyday and a cardigan in the evening and early morning.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’ve been the past 3 February’s and take a mix of clothes. We’re normally in shorts and T-shirt’s with a fleece for the early starts and evenings. Although Feb this year it was pretty much 30’s all week.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Perfect timing for this thread! We go in Feb. I have noticed the shops are starting to get rid of their summer collections so I am off to the shops this afternoon to buy the family holiday summer clothes, hopefully reduced too!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

We had rain one day in February, so I would pack a light waterproof jacket. Apart from that day every other day was 22-26 degrees with evenings cooler but not jeans and a jumper cool. We brought cardigans/long sleeve top for my husband and some nights we needed them, some nights we didn’t.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List