Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile On line food shopping - delivery

Does anyone do online food shopping?

Does yours come in bags? If not how do you unload?
We have been having our shopping delivered for years but I’m rarely in when it’s delivered. Today I finished work early and was here for the delivery and nothing was in bags - apparently everything is bagless now. No one told me 🙄.
But it took FOREVER for me to unload nearly £200 shopping one by one! The guy just stood there and I said it must really be impacting on their deliveries because of how time consuming it was and he said people usually have a big bag ready - I don’t know how that would make a difference as the items would still have to be unloaded.
I’m all in favour of saving the planet and recycling and bagless etc but it took ages, I was quickly throwing everything out of the trays onto my living room floor and also the thing that bugged me was everything was just piled onto each other so he had dumped a pack of cans onto my bread and it was flat as a pancake. But anyone who does it - what do you do? Do you have a bag ready? And if so how does that work? Do you just quickly swap it to the bags? He also said he could’ve carried it into the kitchen for me but I think that would have felt even more awkward me just frantically unloading there in my kitchen with a stranger stood there.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We get Waitrose. We live up two flights of stairs so they specify we must have bags. That said, sometimes they bring it up in crates.

If you give them any bags you have (not just theirs) you get money off your bill.

Waitrose always bring the food right in to the kitchen.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Last time I have tesco delivered it was bag less, the delivery fellow helped put things on the kitchen table, but like you should feels awkward - when we did waitrose delivery a few years ago it would come in bags - but they couldn’t be reused when you have them back to them (they have to bin them for hygiene unfortunately!)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I have an Asda delivery pass and Asda don't give the option to use bags now. They sent plenty of emails beforehand.

I get a couple of big IKEA blue bags ready and a couple of plastic ironing baskets (if they're not full )

I have mine handed over on the front door step but my friend has her's taken into the kitchen.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have my large bags ( the large, thick bags from Aldi) ready at the door to unload. It doesn’t take long and if the driver needs to wait then I don’t think it is unreasonable. Son and daughter do have to help with it.
I have Morrison’s and have never experienced the heavier shopping being piled on top of the more fragile items. I would contact the customer services if the driver has damaged your shopping.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

It’s Sainsbury’s and they used to charge you 40p per bag and yes when we handed bags back we got money off - I just don’t remember seeing any notice that they were going bagless.
I feel bad cos obviously we need to be doing as much as we can and I do use bags for life or tote bags instead of getting carrier bags - but I just think that didn’t work very well. I was literally flinging things onto my living room floor 1 by 1 and then obviously had to carry them into the kitchen n put them away (while dd sat on the chair eating something she had spotted 🙄

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have my large bags ( the large, thick bags from Aldi) ready at the door to unload. It doesn’t take long and if the driver needs to wait then I don’t think it is unreasonable. Son and daughter do have to help with it.
I have Morrison’s and have never experienced the heavier shopping being piled on top of the more fragile items. I would contact the customer services if the driver has damaged your shopping.
He saw me pull the load out and said “is it squashed? I’ll refund it” straight away cos you could see it was like a door wedge 😂.
I’ll have to try and get some big bags and have them ready when the shopping is coming. 👍

They can’t think it’s unreasonable but surely it must be making deliveries take longer.
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

We just empty the crates onto the kitchen floor quick as we can and hand them back. I don’t think it would very be different if it was in bags. If I’m on my own, I ask the guys to bring the crates into the kitchen, otherwise the boys do it.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to unload it and pop it into a bag , then I decided to carry the shopping tray through to my kitchen myself unload it and give empty tray back . The driver does offer to bring it in but I prefer to do it myself . I did ask the driver a loud how much longer deliveries must take and he said they are now meant to be given long times for deliveries but he said it’s still not long enough .
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

TBH this annoys me too. Yes, I have loads of bags at the ready, but it’s still impractical for me and it does take longer.
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List