Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jan 13, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Dressing children in Disney fancy dress gear at DLP

Before my first visit to DLP, I had spoken to a friend who had visited WDW and bought special outfits for her children for the Disney trip. Princess dresses..Minnie mouse dresses..custom tshirts for all the children..mickey mouse-style dungarees. She gave me the impression that 'dressing up' was all part of the Disney fun. When I looked on sites like Etsy and Ebay, I could see that there are sellers out there making cute and creative clothing for children for their Disney holidays. There is also, of course, clothing in the Disney Store.

However, during my first visit to DLP, I did not notice many children in "Disney" dress (it was in peak-time August). Then again, I was looking at my own kids, parades, queues and my quickly-dissipating wallet to notice all other children lol! Anyway I started to wonder if there is a difference between DLP and WDW when it comes to the enthusiasm to dress kids a la Disney?

My boys have the odd bit of clothing with Mickey or Lightning McQueen on them..which I will bring on our next DLP trip. All standard boys clothing...jumpers, t-shirts and hoodie tops. But they also have a costume or two from the Disney store and I am wondering whether there is any occasion for them to wear something like that at DLP? (or if they will be looked at with pity because their mum has got carried away with the Disney fairies)

Just wondering, do people on holiday at DLP dress their young children in Disney "fancy dress"?

Edited at 01:18 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 13, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post

My 4 yr olds suitcase will consist mostly of princess dresses from home. Both girls have always worn them on previous visits. Dont know why i cant get the 13 yr old in one now
If your child is happy go for it, if i remember the cast members make a fuss and say hi princess...
Old 15 Jan 13, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We always see lots dressed up at DLP, I would say take them.xx
Old 15 Jan 13, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes, lots of little Buzz's and princesses running about. But bear in mind that if it's raining and you're climbing up steps and getting into a ride, a long dress can be a bit of a hindrance!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 13, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I don't think you see the custom clothing like you do in the states. That's more of a US fashion. But definitely Disney tshirts and princess dresses.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 13, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I took character t shirts for DS on our Dec trip plus a mickey mouse outfit he got a lot of attention that day as we did the meet with mickey mouse & had lunch at cafe mickey, Pluto was beside himself lol

Edited at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 13, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't want to be swathed in polyester and lycra in August. I think you have to go with the flow and judge things when you're there. I think characater tops and T shirts is the way to go.

Edited at 02:20 PM.
Old 15 Jan 13, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

My girls wore princess dresses the day we had dinner with the princesses, even the 8 yr old. We were in the minority but selfishly I thought it would look great I the photos and the girls really liked it too as the princess commented on their dresses.

I'd say if the kids want to / are happy to then go with the flow and who cares what others think. It's a holiday for you and the kids.

I would agree that the weather could effect what they were as princess dresses can get a bit warm.
Old 15 Jan 13, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
deltakc
Very Serious Dibber

deltakc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have seen girls walking about WDW in full princess dresses, with their hair sparyed with a whole can or hairspray, in 90 degree heat and always feel sorry for them but they always look happy. My DD used to always put on a dress for DLP, if it was colder I put extra clothes on underneath and if it was warm she chose a short sleeved one and I took t-shirt and shorts just in case.

My DD loved the attention she got when all dressed up so I'd say go for it
Stouffer's Hotel WDW Aug 93; Regal Palms WDW Jun08; Marriott Cypress Harbour WDW Jul 09; Marriott Imperial Palms WDW Jun 10; Marriott Grand Vista WDW Jul 11; Marriott Royal Palms / Regal Palms WDW Jul 12; Marriott Grand Vista/Regal Palms Jul 13; Highlands Reserve Villa Jun / Jul 14; Marriott Harbour Lakes Jun / July 2015; Marriott Royal Palms July 16
deltakc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 13, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

your children will definitely not be looked on in pity at DLP if they are in fancy dress - I love seeing the kids dressed up there and they do tend to get more interaction from the CMs and characters when dressed up as an easily-recogniseable Disney character.

My DD used to dress up as Jasmine there, when she was little. She loved it (we were never there is extreme cold or extreme heat though). I always brought the costume from home (as she wore it at home too, she was that fond of it).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread