Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 13, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm getting a Disney Wedding! (Few Q's)

Some of you may have noticed my occasional posts and seen that I was planning to get married off site... Well when we got engaged I actually dreamed of an Escape wedding but quickly realised we would never be able to afford it So after getting quotes for weddings at Cypress Grove and finding one we liked the sound (and price!) of, we decided to book it soon. My fiancé let his mum know that night.
Fast forward to yesterday, I'm out shopping and get a phone call off my in-laws asking me where I really wanted to get married... the Wedding Pavilion obviously! Well basically they have offered to cover the difference in price of the Escape package, versus what we would have paid for an off site wedding! I was nearly in tears in the supermarket foyer! I'm so happy now that I'll be getting my dream wedding, although I had fallen in love with Cypress Grove!

I just have a few questions for any escape brides.. I have my heart set on hiring Randy Chapman for the photography. If I don't use Disney photography will they take this off the cost of the package? Also what do you actually get with the Disney photo package? From what I understand you just get 20 prints and a low res proof CD... And it looks quite pricy to upgrade to getting all your photos on a disc..

Thanks for reading!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 13, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Yay congratulations! The wedding pavilion is just stunning!

I've heard a rumour now that you can use both Disney photography and outside photography now, so you could just have the Disney and Randy photographing at the same time, you can also switch the disney photography to a honeymoon shoot at one of the resorts after your wedding, switch it for dessert party photography.

You get the prints in an album which is quite pretty plus the low res CD. If you trade the prints and the album you can get the high res CD for $350 but if your going with Randy just let the Disney photography guy come and do their thing, Randy will look after you!

You don't get a discount on the package for any portion of the escape package you don't use - so use it all!

Good luck with your planning, ask heaps of questions and we will help where we can! I have some photos of the wedding pavilion I took last year at lady emz wedding I can post if you like - we are also going for our planning session with Disney in November so if there is any specific photos you'd like let me know and I can gather for you! xx
Old 2 Aug 13, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Aww thanks for your help! I always had my heart set on the Wedding Pavillion, I already read the passporter book from cover to cover! How lucky that you got to attend a wedding there and see how things are done.

So no discounts, I will definitely go for both photographers or just upgrade the Disney package (although the latter might work out dearer).
Can you switch out the Disney photographer for a shoot somewhere else? I thought I'd read that you can't..

Thanks
Old 2 Aug 13, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

They keep changing what you can and can't do with the Escape wedding photographer so you might be best waiting to see what the deal is when you book with your planner but you have never been able to get a discount.

I would def book Randy over upgrading the Disney photographer.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 13, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
They keep changing what you can and can't do with the Escape wedding photographer so you might be best waiting to see what the deal is when you book with your planner but you have never been able to get a discount.

I would def book Randy over upgrading the Disney photographer.
Yes maybe I am best waiting, that's the only downside now... I was ready to book but now I have to wait until March! Haha! I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to do to keep me occupied until then... :p
Old 2 Aug 13, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

My daughter SnowWhiteGsy had Randie for the wedding day & had the Disney photographer take photos of them at Art of Animation a few days later. No way would it have worked with two photographers on the same day. Both sets of photos were really lovely. I'm sure my daughter will give you more details once she has seen your message. Glad you are having your wedding at The Wedding Pavilion, it is truly stunning. Only fault with an Escape Wedding is that there is no rehearsal which now from experience of having a rehearsal for the blessing in Guernsey I realise was a must. Good luck with all your planning
Old 2 Aug 13, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Another question! I've just realised the officiant isn't included in the Escape package... Is anyone willing to let me know roughly how much they charge? I'd probably be choosing from Disney's list as I can't afford to take up any more room on my guest list...
Old 2 Aug 13, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hermes 16 View Post
My daughter SnowWhiteGsy had Randie for the wedding day & had the Disney photographer take photos of them at Art of Animation a few days later. No way would it have worked with two photographers on the same day. Both sets of photos were really lovely. I'm sure my daughter will give you more details once she has seen your message. Glad you are having your wedding at The Wedding Pavilion, it is truly stunning. Only fault with an Escape Wedding is that there is no rehearsal which now from experience of having a rehearsal for the blessing in Guernsey I realise was a must. Good luck with all your planning
Thanks, I have just started reading through your daughters planning journal, hopefully I can pick up a few tips

I'm honestly not bothered by not having a rehearsal, I prefer to just go with the flow..
Old 2 Aug 13, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

We thought that everything would go to plan with only 9 people but after having a rehearsal for the blessing back in Guernsey we realised how much better organised the service could have been with people knowing what they were doing at least some of the time. I agree spontaneity is great but only if the important things go to plan. Happy planning and I hope you have a nice Disney planner, we unfortunately had one whose people skills left a lot to be desired on such a special day
Old 2 Aug 13, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Yay i'm so glad your getting the wedding you want have fun planning and wasn't that really nice of them to do that for you both looking forward to seeing the pics i'm so happy for you both
Closed Thread