Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Sep 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Strictly Come Dancing Live TV Shows

My mum has managed to get tickets for this on the 29/9, just wondered if anyone has done this before is it worth it. Any tips on what time we should turn up in the morning?
Old 10 Sep 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
My mum has managed to get tickets for this on the 29/9, just wondered if anyone has done this before is it worth it. Any tips on what time we should turn up in the morning?
Oh it’s really really worth it! You’re so lucky as it’s incredibly difficult to get those tickets. I would recommend stayin the night before & after at the IBIS hotel across the road. For the best seats you really want to be in the first 50 people queuing up. That does mean getting there at about 4-5am in the morning though! You get given your seat numbers at about 9am if I remember rightly the youare free to go and have a day of pampering ready for the show. It was fascinating seeing it all in action!

And if you don’t want the tickets and decide it’s not worth it, I will more than gladly take them off your hands 😂

Enjoy - it was fab-u-lous!
Old 10 Sep 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsmummy
Excited about Disney

My friend did it last year and had a great time, but it's a long day. There are lots of good tips on the digital spy forums, but as far as I'm aware people queue up from around 3am!

Sx
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We did it years ago when it was still at television centre and it was amazing. After our wedding and the kids being born hands down the best day of my life.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
uhohima
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I was lucky in getting a press pass a couple of years ago, so I can’t comment on the queuing side of it, but it was a fun day/evening and great to see behind the scenes 🙂
uhohima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

We got them a few years ago - it’s great. We queued from 5am and we were 42 and 43 in the queue - they give tickets out from 9am. It’s worth getting there early - you get the best seats - we were just to the right of the judges. Take a camping chair for the queue if possible - there is a 24 hours Tesco’s about 5-10 min walk so we took it in turns to go to loo and grab a hot drink. Once you have your tickets you go back for 3pm - I wouldn’t go back early and queue for that bit and don’t take a coat if you can manage without as there’s another queue for the cloakroom - you must also leave mobile phones in the cloakroom so i wouldn’t take them either. If you stay at the ibis recommended above it’s a 2 min walk.
Once you’re in your seats it’s very hot, they do some rehearsals and film the Sunday night routine and guest first, then the live Saturday show - all live, then you have a little break - 20 mins for the loo (they don’t like you going out in live show unless desperate- somebody has to sit in your seat) - they gave us a juice and a kitkat. You can’t take in food or drinks so I’d get something substantial before you go back . They then do the bit upstairs (used to be Lens lense) and then the voting bit.
It’s really good - very long and hot under the lights but fab. It will be one if the longer shows being early on (we went 6 Oct - movie night and got out at 11pm) but they will get to see most of the celebs.
X

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Many thanks for all your comments, we have to dig the camping chairs out and the winter clothes just in case the weather turns really cold.
Old 11 Sep 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

This sounds great. I'd love to go having seen quite a few of the stars on holiday this year. We were lucky enough to go on a cruise with Gorka, Gemma Atkinson, AJ, Chloe, Diane and her partner Pete from Emmerdale - (sorry don't know his name), Katya and Neil Jones, Craig Revel Horwood. They were all really lovely and down to earth. Happy to stop and chat. My grandson was in his element teaching them the "floss" Having seen them dancing on several shows onboard I'd love to go to watch the televised shows.