Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Aug 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Boats, Bahamas and Boos: DCL October 2019: Pre-Travel & Travel Day: Bounding, Boarding and Bubbles

Pre-Travel & Travel Day: Bounding, Boarding and Bubbles
Friday 11th / Saturday 12th October 2019

Our pre-travel day was pretty boring. As a teacher, we are limited to travel dates and meant that I spent the day in class. Nathan was lucky enough to be working from home and managed to tick off a few chores on his breaks.

As soon as I got home, I finished off packing and doing the last minute tidying, whilst Nathan was loading up the car with our cases. I had already finished most of my packing the night before, including our FE gifts. We love joining in with these and had signed up for a magnet FE group this time. We always choose a magnet from places we visit for our fridge, so thought that this would be a fun way to get our magnet(s) for this trip. As the only British people in the group we went for a UK theme.

We said goodbye to Franklin (our extremely handsome cat ), who would be having family coming to feed him whilst we were away.

It didn’t take long until we were on the road and driving to Gatwick Airport, well the Premier Inn at Gatwick. It was a straightforward drive, which was very lucky on a Friday evening around London.

We had checked in, taken our bags to the room and were sat in the restaurant ready for dinner not long after 6:00pm. We ate at the restaurant based in the hotel and had a lovely meal. For starters I had skewers and Nathan went with wings. For mains, I had a curry and Nathan chose a large version of my main - a mixture of skewers, salad, pitta and rice. We both tried some of each others and thoroughly enjoyed them. They were very filling however, so we didn’t have room for desserts.

After dinner, we mooched in our room, watching TV and chilling before a long travel day tomorrow.

We both had a fairly good night sleep, I don’t remember waking up to often, which I normally do before a holiday as I am just too excited to sleep! I had a sneak peek at my countdown and couldn’t wait to board the ship - Eeekkk!

We opted for the Premier Inn meal deal last night, so had breakfast at the hotel this morning. I don’t like eating greasy food before a flight, so went for more of the toast and pastries. Nathan had no qualms however and went up at least three times to the buffet .

When ready we drove over to Gatwick to drop the car off at the meet and greet area, before checking in for our flights. We were flying BA this trip, we do normally fly with Virgin, but BA came out slightly cheaper. The self-service area was fairly quiet and it didn’t take us long to drop off our luggage.

I was slightly Disney Bounding today with my travel outfit.

We even had Disney matching trainers - poor Nathan!

When through security, which again wasn’t too busy, we had a look around duty free and the other shops. We picked up some water for the plane, as well as some magazines and then settled in, waiting for our time to board.

We were being fancy and flying premium today. My parents haven’t flown PE with BA before so asked us to take some pictures of the seat situation, as they were considering booking them for their next holiday. They were pretty spacious and even Nathan at 6’5” had plenty of room.

As we were in PE we had a glass of bubbles before take off. BA also offer mini bottles of sparkle with their drinks service, which I couldn’t resist later on!

The flight fortunately didn’t drag and we were served semi-edible meals not long into the flight. I had the beef with roasted potatoes and veg. Nathan went for the chicken curry - also bizarrely served with roast potatoes?

The rest of the flight was filled with films for Nathan, some marking for me (I wanted to get it out the way now, so it wasn’t hanging over me all holiday ) and some competitive games of ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire?’ for the both of us.

Security, luggage claim and the wait for the Magical Express were not so easy though! There was a humungous queue at security, as a delayed plane ended up landing at the same time as ours. The wait for luggage also took ages, I think there was some sort of technical issue. This meant that everyone swarmed to the ME desks at the same time and we had to wait over half an hour in the ME line before we even boarded a coach. By this time we were exhausted and sadly the ME had lost some of it’s magic .

Luckily, there was no wait at the check-in desk for All Star Movies and we had our magic bands and room number in no time.

We had a quick unpack of toiletries and PJs, a super quick jaunt over to the food court to get some water and soft drinks for the night, before we fell into bed. Don’t worry, we took pictures of the room and resort tomorrow, when we were no-longer zombies.

The last leg of the journey made it feel like an extremely long travel day and we could barely keep our eyes open as we fell into bed.

Join us tomorrow for our shopping day!

Thanks for reading,

Laura Xx

Edited at 07:38 PM.
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I’ve just found this as I don’t normally read the cruise reports but so glad I have ! It’s a long travel day isn’t it ,I love your trainers x

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
I’ve just found this as I don’t normally read the cruise reports but so glad I have ! It’s a long travel day isn’t it ,I love your trainers x
I have to admit to neglecting the cruise section too, unless we have something planned.

They are super long days, but what I wouldn't give to be feeling that tired now!

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List