Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
owen
Trading Disney Pins

owen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Been here since 11/05 and always come in May it’s never been this bad ever. 8am and it’s chucking down - every day has been raining such a shame just hoping it improves next week so we get a couple of days of decent weather at least
owen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
It’s not pleasant here this morning, just rain... with no indication of it stopping.

We were supposed to be going to Animal Kingdom but have decided go to the malls instead as, along with the park hours changing from 9am to 8am (EMH, we are off site) and the fact that it’s a very ‘outdoor’ park we think it will not be that much fun!

This rain is going to cost us a fortune 😂
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Shame about the weather but I think we Brits are made of stern stuff & haven’t melted yet, sitting on the patio watching the rain & actually it’s quite soothing, like everything it’s whether you see the cup half empty or full.

We’ve done everything we planned so far so it hasn’t ruined anything, have poncho will survive!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MabelJ View Post
I'm currently here, and I won't lie, it's been crap. Has rained every day And I don't just mean the odd hour
Same as us. Never known so much crap weather. Forecasting rain all day today.
Started raining yesterday lunchtime, got up this morning and it's still pouring down.
And as MabelJ said it's not just the odd shower.
Fed up with it now.
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
xxfaeriedustxx
I want to go now!

Mobile

We are here now. We got some decent quality poncho’s from Walmart (the $4 one’s).

The babies have a rain cover and are happy enough batting at the rain has if falls on it,

Certainly not the greatest weather but it’s too expensive an holiday to hide in doors all day.
xxfaeriedustxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MabelJ
Proud to wear my Ears

Problem is, we don't come to Florida to go to the parks, - we do go but more for the odd day out as opposed to specifically going to them. We chill out by the pool etc so for us it's not really a case of throwing on a poncho and just getting on with it. Although we did at MK on Thursday and Disney springs yesterday,

Been googling stuff to do in Orlando when it rains (we have a toddler and a baby) and there's a crayola experience at Florida mall, plus sea life aquarium, Ripleys believe it or not, bowling at splitsville at Disney springs or alternatively sod it and just go to Cheesecake Factory.

We fly home Friday and are in danger now of there literally being no sunshine (bar the odd couple of hours) on an entire 2 week holiday which I have never known and I've been coming here a long time
MabelJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MabelJ View Post
Problem is, we don't come to Florida to go to the parks, - we do go but more for the odd day out as opposed to specifically going to them. We chill out by the pool etc so for us it's not really a case of throwing on a poncho and just getting on with it. Although we did at MK on Thursday and Disney springs yesterday,

Been googling stuff to do in Orlando when it rains (we have a toddler and a baby) and there's a crayola experience at Florida mall, plus sea life aquarium, Ripleys believe it or not, bowling at splitsville at Disney springs or alternatively sod it and just go to Cheesecake Factory.

We fly home Friday and are in danger now of there literally being no sunshine (bar the odd couple of hours) on an entire 2 week holiday which I have never known and I've been coming here a long time
You could be us 🙂 but we haven't got our son, DIL or our 2 granddaughters this time. They've just bought their first house so had to give it a miss this time.
We envisaged having a leisurely stroll round Universal and islands of adventure this time. We went the other day, but it started pouring down (that's the polite term) we hung about for 2 hours all rides closed except Kong and that had a wait time of 110 minutes. We gave up. We couldn't see the fun standing about in the rain plus you couldn't get in anywhere as places we're heaving with people sheltering from the deluge.
Done 2 malls, and I'm not a shopper.
At home we've taken a year out and we've been touring in our motorhome. We've come through the beast from the east while in Cornwall, the mini beast in north Devon, and a month of torrential rain in South Devon.
We thought we'd treat ourselves to some sun... ha ha... lol.

But the weather looked lovely at home for the wedding.😢
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MabelJ
Proud to wear my Ears

Hah didn't it just?

There was something particularly galling about being sat in our villa with it being misty and grey and drab outside and glorious sunshine in Windsor!
MabelJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Gutted for you guys and really worried for our own trip
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Cleaners just come in (Jesse). And she's cleaning round us😃 really nice lady, gave her a tip and had a nice chat, offered her a coffee etc.
No point going out, it's still pouring down.