Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Apr 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Party of 5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Throwaway booking waiting for Virgin park ticket references anyone?

I booked my park tickets (Disney and Universal) with Virgin as a part of my package (offsite), as the price was competitive, although having regrets now as remember they only issue paper tickets to exchange. I also want to book a night at Disney to make use of all the perks-magic bands,parking and fastpasses at 60 days. However, my booking shows that park ticket references will be made available at 31 days which is no good as I need to connect them to my MDE before 60 days.
Has anyone had their ticket reference provided any earlier by Virgin? I'm paying the entire holiday, tickets too by 31 May so as I see it, I should be provided with everything I've paid for by this date or very close to it. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We booked our tickets with virgin and was not informed at the time that I wouldnt get them until 30 days before in the form of a downloaded voucher to exchange. I have asked numerous times if there’s any way they could release this sooner but the simple answer is ‘no’ they can’t, they have offered a full refund every time though so if you’re really not happy and feel you were not informed then maybe do that and get your tickets elsewhere?

Im keeping mine with virgin as no one could or has since been a better price, with a party of 9 this was more valuable to us.
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I am guessing Virgin don’t buy them until 30 days out to save the interest on the money. What about if you book one night on site with Virgin ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
They don't release them because they don't have them ! As above, your money is gaining them interest whilst your tickets are "held" with the supplier, obviously if you had booked on-site with them then you would get your codes at 61 days. They're not the only TA's that use this tactic
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Virgin only sell minimum of 5 nights disney accommodation. Get a refund of tickets and buy from Orlandoattractions.com, they send out real tickets.
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I did not book through Virgin but park tickets through orlandoattractions. I too have booked a throwaway booking. Due to booking late orlandoattactikns have sent me an e ticket and I have to pick my tickets up when I arrive. The e ticket did have a reference on and one quick call to Disney and my tickets were linked. Do you have a e ticket reference if so it won’t be a problem or is it getting that from virgin that your struggling with?

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would ring orlandoattractions and see if they can give you a group booking rate it’s worth a try

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5

Party of 5's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks to you all for your responses and advice.
I'll give the lady at Virgin a call on Monday and see what they say although I'm not expecting much. It's not good even for people who want fast passes at 30 days as they literally wait till the last minute to email you the reference number and then if there are any problems you have no time to sort them which could affect getting your fast passes not sorted. I booked with Florida tix last time and they sent hard tickets straight away, should've done that this time. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing!
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5

Party of 5's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sungiggs View Post
I did not book through Virgin but park tickets through orlandoattractions. I too have booked a throwaway booking. Due to booking late orlandoattactikns have sent me an e ticket and I have to pick my tickets up when I arrive. The e ticket did have a reference on and one quick call to Disney and my tickets were linked. Do you have a e ticket reference if so it won’t be a problem or is it getting that from virgin that your struggling with?
Yes, it's that reference number that virgin send their customers 30 days before they fly... Even though they'll have had my money for the tickets for two months- not great.