Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Nov 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Tears are flowing, what a fantastic way to sign off.

Thank you for sharing your trips with us over the years, thank you for allowing us to watch the boys grow up so quickly ... lovely lads ... and thank you for sending me that map of AMI all those years ago, we still visit when we can.

I hope this won’t be the last we hear of you all, good luck with your job, “work to live not live to work”, hopefully you’ll be posting about an up and coming trip soon.

Thanks again, it’s been a blast!

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A brilliant end to another great trippie

So many wonderful memories over the years and watching the boys grow up to be such caring people,

I hope that whatever you're doing job wise gives you satisfaction and I’m sure Alison and the boys are enjoying your everyday holiday vibe!

None of us knows what the future holds holiday wise but we can hope that one day we will all get back to having good times.

Hope you are all keeping safe up there in Scarborough

Thanks for taking the time. I have really enjoyed reading along.

Joan x
Joan ( and Mick too)

Thank you for your dedication in seemingly reading and posting on every single day of so many trip reports on The Dibb, as a writer it is so appreciated and your posts really do ensure reports get finished.

I think you have posted on nearly every single day I have ever written , I thank you so much for that.
I also appreciate your very kind words throughout. They have meant a lot.

Once all of this is over , let me know the next time you are in Scarborough and I'm sure we can share an Ice cream or a coffee I'm buying!

If not we can hopefully all start to plan for more 'normal' holidays sometime soon.

With love to you both and thanks for reading, posting and your lovely comments.

John xx

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goofy71 View Post
Thank you for some great trip reports! I have really enjoyed them with a laugh and a tear.

I saw you in Sainsbury’s a while back, at the checkout and it was like I had spotted a celebrity well a Dibb celebrity!
Much too shy to say hello though I did think should I mention the Dibb in a loud voice though!

Good luck for the future
Another Scarborough Dibber

It is always that instant thing - you should have just shouted something about The Dibb - it usually works!
Would never have met so many people along the way if it was not for those first few words.

Please do stop me if you spot us again

Thanks for reading and your lovely comment too.Much appreciated.

We really should get that Scarborough Dibb meet sorted once all of this madness is over

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
As usual I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this trip report thank you so much for sharing your holiday with all of us it's been a magical journey and you really did make the most of the last day with a final swim in the pool.

Goodness that photo of the boys and Pinocchio brought a tear to my eye. How much have they grown? A lot!

You have a wonderful outlook and and lovely way of writing about your experiences that makes us feel like we were there along the way with you, sharing in the joy. You take the time to stop and be in the parks not just rushing through them and we all could do with just being in the parks now.

I hope you will have another family adventure to look forward to one day. I'm keeping everything crossed for you and crossed for us that you decide to sure the magic once again.

Take care

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Wow. The end of an epic!

"That was where we were hiding when the storm broke! ( just in case Kidd McFluff asks)". You just couldn't miss that opportunity could you? And the other refs too.(Absolute Reality etc.)

I've loved reading all of your reports and the opportunity to slip in the odd song lyric into my replies!

I've just found a new and different role after 12 years in a very high stress sales job. I was made redundant after being furloughed for 7 months.

No idea if we will be back to Florida after 2021 (just booked for Disney, Universal and Gulf Coast trip in August with some of my redundancy money and keeping fingers crossed).

I can understand a little of how you might be feeling. We can't be sure that I'll be earning Disney salary in years to come. We also need to save some cash for the kids University and probably need to help them with deposits etc when they finally leave home so spending 20k a year on holidays might have to stop for a few years to make sure we can cover that.
I guess we will be making the most of our next trip as we really don't know if we will make it back.

I hope all goes well for in whatever comes next for you. Who knows when you'll be back in WDW but I'd not bet against it being sooner than you think!

I'm sure you'll be lurking around the Dibb for years to come...all that knowledge will be a great help to the rest of us.

I will write up next year's trip and hope to make my report as interesting and as well written as yours.

Good luck my friend! I'll be looking out for your posts on here and am as always here for a cyber chat if you need anything.

Love to you all. The McFluffs
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
John - what an ending.
We love you to bits and I am so glad that your family are so amazing and you were able to make that change a year ago. You are not nearly such a grumpy bu**er as you were before

When you said at the beginning of this post "it's a long one", two thought went through my head...
1. What's new?
2. Thank goodness - anything less would not have done the end of this adventure justice at all.

I don't think this is the end, it's just a period of time for reflection and enjoyment of the amazing memories.
Alison, Josh & Joe - you are fabulous.
John - don't ever change x

Claire - Thank you xx

My family are fabulous - they know it!

As for me I am back and I am me! might be a bit more skint, but remain true to myself and to my own beliefs about the job I used to do.

As a result, the happy rather than grumpy bu**er comes through - I hope that is what people hear in our podcast and those fab people in my family have become re-acquainted with for every day of the year - not just holidays !

As for an ending?
Might be of the trip report writing but not of the Gb Mickey waffle podcast

It also allows for the opportunity to share holiday planning tips too

As for changing- I can't ! I am what I am and I always will be - from all that has gone on I have a new found freedom and that has been such a good thing

Old 28 Nov 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that was an emotional post. I don’t normal post replies to these reports (my bad) but I do appreciate the effort that goes into them - I have tried to start one of my own a few times now and it’s much, much harder than it looks - keeping all those notes, deciding what’s interesting or amusing enough to share etc. I think I’ve now read all of your reports, some of them more than once - they serve as both education and entertainment, as well as a reminder that the most important part of any Disney holiday is the loved ones we share it with. I have two (now grown up) boys of my own, so some of your comments about your pride in your two ring so true. Thanks for sharing and helping me and many others to survive the long months between trips to our happy place. Will be catching up on those podcasts shortly too. I sense the end to your previous career wasn’t how you imagined it would be nor should have been and I hope your new plans work out and allow you to plan more trips in future. Very best wishes for a happy future for all of you and thanks again.
Julie

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Well that made me smile, laugh and cry all in one morning !

I have now caught up with all your wonderful Trip Reports John and have seen your boys grow.

I have been a silent reader always meaning to wait until the end to tell you how much I have enjoyed living your holidays along with you

I am so sad to reach the end ... but will not go all mushy on a public forum so will PM you instead
Can't thank you enough for the PM - appreciated so much and such amazing words
Thank you x

Your reading , even silent,is why typing up all these days is such an amazing reminder of all of the incredible memories we have made in our Happy Place.
Enjoy planning for your next trip and keep that positivity flowing for making special memories in future trips.

Thank you for all of your words

Old 9 Dec 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Oh wow what an ending I’m another in tears.
I hope you’re settling into your new employment and it’s going well.
Your boys are an absolute credit to you and Alison they come across as lovely thoughtful well mannered young adults.
It’s been an absolute pleasure reading your trip reports and I will miss them
Thank you

You have read so much and left a comment as you have watched the boys grow up over the past years - your words above made me share those tears too. Thank you x

Alison and the boys have been my biggest support and amid lockdown 1 and 2 new work has proved difficult to train and get the qualifications to earn a living - thankfully there is light on the horizon and I'm nearly there.

Thank you for staying with me until the end.
Your words mean so much

Old 23 Dec 20, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Well, I finally managed to read your last day’s report this morning. I’ve been trying since Oct! I really, really didn’t want it to end. Thank you so much, not just for this report but for all of them.
Your goodness & optimism shines through in all of your writing. It sounds like you’ve had some rough times at work but you’ve persevered & made the right decisions.I’m sure you’ll make a success of your new career as well.
On a selfish note, I really want you to do well so you can go back to WDW & write some more reports. 😂

PS: don’t think it’s all over - my daughters still go to Florida with me & they’re in their mid 30s!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List