Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Dec 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the opinions, everyone. It’s a nice dilemma to have. I’m currently inclined to stick with AKL, to ensure the holiday isn’t basically the same one as our previous trip, and to hopefully get a bit of wow factor.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by kylali View Post
I stayed at both last year but always prefer OKW if staying for longer period. I like AKL for just a few nights. I like the fact at OKW that you open your door and your car is right outside or bus, No long walks through corridors and reception area. Small thing I know but every day for 2 or 3 weeks! Also love the kitchen facilities at okw, even the studios. Boat to disney springs is another plus for OKW too. And the resort has such a calming feel and so pretty.
I’m with you on the car! It was the one thing that I considered a negative at AKL. Of course if you’re getting Disney transport AKL is probably better.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

I really dislike OKW and SSR if I’m honest. It just feels like it could be a motel anywhere and it feels a bit grotty to me to be honest (this is a personal opinion and I appreciate its not everyone’s view) we’ve tried them both a couple of times over the years mainly from a space point of view as we’re a family of 8 bit we’ve only ever managed a couple of days and have then paid to move somewhere else.

Stick with AKL it’s much nicer in my opinion 😊