Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 14, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Laura,

Because our wedding is the other side of the world, we are quite nervous regarding all the little details, which make the day special. Without being cheeky I have a couple of questions regarding your reception, which I hope you can help me with.

I love the up-lighting within the pantry, was this arranged through the HRH or separately?

Also were your flower table decoration/table and chair covers and candles arranged through the HRH or by yourselves...if so what was the company?

What type of music did you have, band/DJ or own music?

I hope this isn't too cheeky, but I thought as you have been there and got the t-shirt, you are best placed to help a fellow Florida bride out.

Thanks

Amy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 14, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AVG1 View Post
Laura,

Because our wedding is the other side of the world, we are quite nervous regarding all the little details, which make the day special. Without being cheeky I have a couple of questions regarding your reception, which I hope you can help me with.

I love the up-lighting within the pantry, was this arranged through the HRH or separately?

Also were your flower table decoration/table and chair covers and candles arranged through the HRH or by yourselves...if so what was the company?

What type of music did you have, band/DJ or own music?

I hope this isn't too cheeky, but I thought as you have been there and got the t-shirt, you are best placed to help a fellow Florida bride out.

Thanks

Amy
Hi Amy

Not a problem at all. We used Carrie from Destination Occasion for mostly everything as Carrie was our wedding planner.

In answer to each of your questions:

Uplighting - this was arranged directly through HRH. But it's not cheap by any means but I'm so glad we did it as it really changed the look of the room. I think they can do most colours.

Flowers - these were all done by Flowers by Lesley - but all arranged through Carrie and we met with Lesley the year before to discuss. Although I kept changing my mind and we just sent pictures of things we liked and she made up all the flowers arrangements to what we wanted. Carrie provided the vases, ribbons, candles, mirrors and bling. I provided the pink scatter crystals - got them through ebay.

Chair Covers - again these were provided by Carrie for both HRH and Cypress Grove.

Music - once again Carrie helped us on this. She provided a really good speaker system to which I docked our Ipod (obviously at a cost to use her system but not expensive). We compiled all our music prior to leaving the UK but also gave the list to Carrie as a back up. We then just docked the Ipad and let it play. That way we got all the music we wanted and it worked absolutely perfected. We had a list of music to play whilst eating, a list of dancing music and list of ones we had to play at the end. Plus a back up list in case we needed more music.

I hope that helps and please feel free to ask away anything else. Carrie was fantastic and if you haven't already got in contact then you should as she's there and make sure you day runs absolutely perfectly without you having to worry about a thing.

Laura
xx
Old 19 Feb 14, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Laura,

Thanks for the reply the information is really helpful. Was there any other little extras you had at the reception, which made it that extra special. Also was there anything that you wish you would have had within the pantry?

Amy
Old 19 Feb 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AVG1 View Post
Laura,

Thanks for the reply the information is really helpful. Was there any other little extras you had at the reception, which made it that extra special. Also was there anything that you wish you would have had within the pantry?

Amy
Hi Amy

We had favours made by HRH which went down really well. We asked for guitar shaped cookies with the flag of each country that the person was from (given we had guests from all over). So we had UK, Canadian, USA & Australian flags iced onto the guitars and the ribbon was done in black or hot pink.

There wasn't anything that we wish we did do - to be honest the whole day was planned to perfection and it went to perfection too.

The only thing was let the day down (and it was minor by the way) was when we booked our reception package it stated we got champagne for the toast. However on the day this wasn't made aware to the staff as the package had changed since we booked it and we ended up having to do our toasts with water. They did bring out champagne in the end so had 3 toasts!

Just remember you only get to do this once so if it's something you want, go for it otherwise you'll only regret not having your own perfect day.

x
Old 19 Feb 14, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh and if you want to see our sneak peak video here's the link:

vimeo/76553330?fb_action_... og_api%22%7D
Old 20 Feb 14, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Laura

Thanks for your help, your wedding looked really good on the video, both the HRH and Cypress Grove looked spectacular. It good to hear that your day was perfect and that there was nothing which could have made it any better
Old 20 Feb 14, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread