Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Sep 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Buying a 1 Day Ticket For July 2021? How?

I wand to buy 4 1 day tickets for Use in July 2021 assuming we can go.

The trouble is that i do not want to spend £400 - £500 on tickets and then not be able to return for refund if we cant go due to Covid 19 Restrictions.

If i purchase them i would need to link them to MDE and reserve a park, does this invalidate them or can you reverse this if you need to return the tickets

Is there anywhere that will allow you to buy the tickets and link them as well as reserve a park but take them back for refund if covid restrictions prevent us from going.

I canr believe anyone in the uk would want to buy tickets that are not returnable for refund in the present circumstances.

If i wait until last minute parks might be full

Also should i wait and see if any other ticket options emerge such as after hours or individual day tickets.

It worries me about new tickets as Disney are restricting the use of current tickets till sometime in September next year which could mean no more ticket options than those already available

Advice would be welcome
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m also wanting 1 day tickets for next year for Hollywood studios. I’m going to wait and see what happens before buying , maybe look again Christmas time. I haven’t seen anywhere that will do 1 day tickets that are refundable.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I was speaking to Orlando Attractions and they were saying that Disney wont refund single day tickets so they would not be able to.
I think i will wait until the flights start going again and there is more certainty over the trip going ahead before i buy.
Although we would like to go i am not prepared to risk that amount of cash and to be honest i don't particularly want to be messing around trying to claim on Travel Insurance if the trip gets cancelled.

We are deliberately booking this trip making sure everything is refundable and can be cancelled and pay on arrival where possible

Edited at 09:01 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

If you buy your tickets in the US then they will keep their value even if you don't end up going. You'll be able to convert them to tickets for your new date (whenever that may be) by paying the different in price between the old tickets and the new tickets.

If you make the change before the original date of the ticket you should be able to make this change on MDE, although they've taken away some ticket functionality in recent months. If you decide not to go and want to change the tickets after their original date then you'll have to call. There have been mixed reports about whether they can do this on the phone, or whether you have to wait until you get there and then visit a ticket booth or guest services to apply the value of the old tickets to the new ones. They've told me they can do it on the phone, but I haven't actually done it yet. In any case, the value of the old tickets never expires.

So long story short: if you're worried about park reservations you can buy the tickets in the US, link them to MDE, and make your park reservations. If you don't end up going: cancel the park reservations, and change the date of the ticket in MDE or on the phone whenever you're ready by paying the difference. I think it's best to do this before the original date to make it easier, but you can bump it several times if necessary.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
If you buy your tickets in the US then they will keep their value even if you don't end up going. You'll be able to convert them to tickets for your new date (whenever that may be) by paying the different in price between the old tickets and the new tickets.

If you make the change before the original date of the ticket you should be able to make this change on MDE, although they've taken away some ticket functionality in recent months. If you decide not to go and want to change the tickets after their original date then you'll have to call. There have been mixed reports about whether they can do this on the phone, or whether you have to wait until you get there and then visit a ticket booth or guest services to apply the value of the old tickets to the new ones. They've told me they can do it on the phone, but I haven't actually done it yet. In any case, the value of the old tickets never expires.

So long story short: if you're worried about park reservations you can buy the tickets in the US, link them to MDE, and make your park reservations. If you don't end up going: cancel the park reservations, and change the date of the ticket in MDE or on the phone whenever you're ready by paying the difference. I think it's best to do this before the original date to make it easier, but you can bump it several times if necessary.

Which Ticket Seller in the US would you recommend?
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
Which Ticket Seller in the US would you recommend?
I've bought from Undercover Tourist before, but for one-day tickets I would buy direct from WDW with a VPN. It's a bit cheaper and it's easier.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Can you buy direct through Disney on MDE?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Glad I’ve seen this thread as we were looking at 2 day tickets and I’ve seen them on undercover tourist
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Glad I’ve seen this thread as we were looking at 2 day tickets and I’ve seen them on undercover tourist
I believe two-day tickets are also a bit cheaper direct with WDW US instead of UT. It's also worth checking if buying two one-day tickets may be cheaper than one two-day ticket, as this is sometimes the case depending on your dates. I would recommend using a VPN (I've used Tunnelbear before) and checking the calendar on the US WDW website.
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Is there a need to use VPN as when I look on MDE it looks as though I can buy them there, takes me right through to payment page. Thanks