Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 11, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Just finished my exercise, yay. Was easier than last time thankfully and I enjoyed it.
Oh Liz, what a shame about your leg! Hope the magic lady can fix you up! Yes! That's exactly what my dad is like, a real people person, he's very a very likeable person and I'm such a daddys little girl! Lol I do wish I got his confidence from him though I wouldn't have ever gone to the neighbours I would have been far too shy! I'm ok when I'm comfortable, you can't shut me up but initially I'm very shy but dad just has buckets of confidence. My mum is shy though I prolly picked that up from her! Lol.
That's so what it's going to be like Kim! Like a transformation! They are even having it cleaned (the house) and the overgrown garden landscaped so it's going to be a transformation. My mums taking pics so I'll post before and afters in a few months!
My dad took a short film of the band, and my horrific dancing which I have on my computer - any idea how I can get it on to here? I think they had a killers song too Liz. Wow you did well Liz in that garden centre - what a nightmare! I think you made good of a bad situation, some are impossible.
just limit the choccy bars a bit Kim and you'll be fine, I'm off to boots mon and I'll have one then probably but I wouldn't go out of my way to have one, just have them as treats. This is the endugence or advantage bars, the day break are fine for breakfast have them everyday if you want.
Sorry Amy I missed your post on other thread! Well done for limiting the alcohol and is all zero carbs so that's brilliant! You have some self control there I'm super impressed!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Lol, that's exactly what the street is like Liz, very close knit and the previous owners caused a lot of drama, like the bad egg in the basket! They are glad my nice retired parents have moved in! My mum described it as knotts landing. Lol
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Hi guys

I'm not a Disney bride (was though) but I am starting Atkins again on Saturday and thought I'd dive on here to give, and get, support.

I lost loads of weight, between 3-4 stone, on it but it has crept back up with me trying to do low fat so I'm back to Atkins tomorrow.

I found it really easy to do and to keep the weight off, I did it for 5 years, but fancied a change and went to low fat. Doh!

I want to lose 21lbs by May and I know I can do it. I don't have a particularly sweet tooth or get cravings, and I am virtually tee-total, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have been cutting down my caffeine intake gradually over the last couple of weeks as that has carbs in and it won't give me headaches by stopping it suddenly. I allow some of my 20g per day on caffeine.

The fridge has been stocked up with low carb goodies for Phase 1 which I intend to do for a month or so, I'll see how it goes.

My biggest problem is drinking enough water as I don't like it but it really helps with the weight loss.

So, here we go...
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kel - defo be good to see some pics. LOL at Knotts Landing. I remember that! She sounds like she's in heaven here. My Mum is quite shy and Dad confident. I'm in between. Have to be super confident at work, but quite shy when meeting new people outside of work. House is going to look gorgeous with the garden done as well. I love nice gardens, but they're hard work. Our last place had a small garden, then we 'down sized' to the country and it's huge! We were only saying this morning we should get someone in, even if it's just to trim the treetops. I hate gardening! I do however like sitting in it, drinking wine

Kim - went to a wedding not long ago with an Irish type band and it didn't go down all that well as I think people like to sing along!

Welcome Alex! Sounds like you did really well on Atkins and there are a few of us on here who either do low or no carb. You sound well prepared, so I'm sure that's achieveable. Cambridge Diet do a no carb flavouring for water if you're interested. There's 2 I think. I only actually drink water, so I'm lucky. Hated it till I had my tonsils out at 14 and it was all I could drink - must be an acquired taste.

Well woke up and realised that I don't have any berries left in the freezer. So had a slice of Burgen toast with prawns. Unusual I know, but tasty! Need to go shopping. Making cottage pie today with cauli and sweet potato topping and have pork (my fav) for dinner tomorrow.

Weighed this morning and a pound up from yesterday. Think that I had too much peanut butter. Or could be that I've not shifted my backside out of my chair because of my leg

Hope everyone has a good day

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Alex

Welcome to the group.
You’ve come to the right place to get support and help and be able to give your expertise on anything diet related. On here there is a mixture of diets.

We tend to come on everyday where possible (we are actually on thread 3 now as the other two got too long!), and discuss diet/exercise, give a summary of our food and exercise and discuss a whole host of other subjects as well, as you’ve probably seen. We also come here to confess if we are struggling to stick to or if we are breaking the diet and need that support and guidance. We weigh in on a Monday and post our losses or if need be gains (hopefully more of the former!).

To give you a little info on me, I’m Kel and I’m 32 (which, sadly, I think makes me the oldest on here ). I’m not actually a bride either, I was when I joined this group, but after getting married last Aug I’ve struggled to maintain my weight and I’ve gained. As my honeymoon is coming up in May/June I want to lose the weight again and hopefully get down to that bikini body!

The only diet I’ve ever really fully understood and found has worked for me is low carbing. I first came across low carbing when I met my now husband (Alex) 9 years ago. At the time he was training to become a personal trainer and nutritionist and was heavily into bodybuilding and fitness and he lived a low carb lifestyle, not Atkins, but a version developed from his understanding of diet and how the body works and uses food. I’d never come across this type of diet before, I’d never heard of Atkins and so I was fascinated. I’d always struggled with my weight and spent many years just battling against it, and so was very interested to learn from him.
Sadly after graduation, life took over and diet and fitness became the least of our worries and our health suffered from too much bad food, too many takeaways and too much alcohol and no exercise and we gained and gained. For Alex this was particularly bad as he knew more than most what damage he was doing and how to stop it but its hard when the stress of life takes over and will power is virtually zero!

Fast forward a few years when life is sorted and about a year and a half ago now, following a trip to the docs where he said I was too big to continue taking the pill (I was about 16 and a bit stone and a size 22/24), I decided enough was enough and it was time to lose weight and we went back onto a low carb diet, I lost some in 2009 up to my trip to Orlando in the Sept but I still wasn’t at my ideal weight and so when we got engaged in Dec 2009 the following year I joined this group and my weight loss really increased. We got married on 5th August 2010 and I was 9st1 and in a size 10/12 dress (10 top, 12 bottom).
Since the wedding I’ve struggled, I tried low GI for a bit and that was fine but I kept breaking it, then I tried ww and failed miserably because I simply get bored of something if I have to spend time counting. I often think, for me, if I focus too much on what I’m eating my counting and measuring then inevitably I start to focus on what I’m not eating and there’s my downfall. My weight went up and down as I swapped and changed the diets and let go in between – put simply my heart wasn’t in it and after 8 months of planning the wedding I guess for a while after I felt a little lost.

Eventually I decided that I’d wait until the new year and start fresh with a ''Disneymoon diet''. I started again 3 weeks ago and after letting myself go, and I mean really go – virtually no exercise and a horrendous diet of everything bad over Xmas – I started at 11st1. As of last weigh in last Monday I was 10stone 4 so if I lose 3lbs come this Monday then I’m at my first stone.

I’m currently a size 14 but they are loose now so I’m hoping to get back comfortably into my 12’s in a couple of weeks. My aim is 8.5-9st by the honeymoon and a size 10 which I think is a good size for my body (I’m small).

Low carbing works for me as I feel good on it, it suits my tastes, I don’t get hungry, I can adapt it to fit around my life and I find my whole health improves when low carbing. I am very familiar with low carbing (and Atkins) and studying it over the years has luckily given me a good base knowledge of foods you can and can’t eat and the rough quantities. I don’t follow Atkins per se, I just do my own version of low carb and I try and limit my fat too, but like I say I don’t count. I have a lot of protein shakes as again it suits my lifestyle and as I exercise everyday (just at home, no gym membership) it helps with my muscle recovery.I like water but only bottled, pref evian, can’t stand tap water but I do have sugar free juice with tap water.

So, that’s me in a nutshell, you’ll get to know a lot more about me and my hubs over time, as I can’t half prattle on (you may have guessed... )!
I’m sure the other girls will be around over the weekend to fill you in on their particular diets and their weddings and their goals. We are a very friendly bunch so feel free to say what you like and add what you want, and with you being a Disney bride too I’m sure you can offer some invaluable advice on that as well.

Hello everyone else, hope you are all well!

Liz – the longer I know you the more I think, bloomin eck shes so like me! I’m in between too as I can come across as confident so long as I feel comfortable but with new people, well if I was a turtle I’d be in my little shell! Same with gardening, can’t stand it, I hate bugs and mud for a start but I love sitting in my garden on a hot summers day sipping my wine and reading a mag. Lol. We only have two front and back gardens now luckily and Alex does it all, but it still seems to take some doing as it grass in the middle and then plant boarders around the edge and then a flower bed by the patio and they need tending to, especially after the rubbish winter we’ve had, my poor plants are looking worse for wear! Mmmmm I like that burgen bread, I used to have that a lot when doing low GI.

I don’t have too many plans for today, just housey stuff so I’m just going to have a look at the rest of the Dibb and then go and do some gym room exercises whilst watching my Orlando DVDs!

Have a nice day y’all.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Old 22 Jan 11, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you for the warm welcome, and bakcground info. It is nice to know you are not alone isn't it?! Oh, and I have just knocked you of the top spot of oldest here

I was very fit and healthy, I ran a martial arts club with my (then) husband and was training or teaching 6 days a week. The marriage went wrong and I had to leave the club and went into a downwards spiral of depression.

I found a new group of friends and went out every weekend for the whole weekend and went to 9st, size 10 in 6 months and looked ill. That stopped and I spiralled again - I hit 15.5 stone and a size 22/24 and decided it was enough. What did it was seeing a picture of myself in India.

I tried WW and lost a stone but was constantly hungry and it became a misery to do it. I read about Atkins and low carbing and it seemed so different to anything I thought it had to work and gave it a go.

I got down to 11.75 stone about 18 months later

(I'm the one on the right by the way!)

and maintained it within a few pounds. I started to get a bit bored with low carbing so went to doing low fat. Problem I have with low fat is that I can't control my eating an over-eat.

December 09 (wedding) I did really well, I was down to 11.5st and really toned from going to the gym. Since then the weight has come back on I'm now at 13st and low carb is definitely the way to go for me.

I suffer with water retention too and this has a huge effect of how I look and feel. When we came back Florida in October last year within 12 hours of landing I had 'lost' 5lbs - that's 2.5l. No, I didn't weigh it (!) I worked out weight/liquid ratio.

I'll look into that flavoured water as I really don't like plain water. Until a few weeks ago the only liquid I drank had caffeine in it so I have cut that right back too.

So here are my meal plans for today:

Breakfast
Only had a few bits of meat as we got up really late

Lunch
Ham Omellete with some of the cheese allowance, cup of cooked broccoli

Dinner
Cheeseburger pie and salad

Snacking
Olives, cooked chicken, cauliflower

Thanks again for the warm welcome
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

Edited at 01:23 PM.
DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Ho Alex, wow! You look incredibly different in those pictures! I'm exactly the same in that I cannot control my over eating, I simply do not have an off button and the only time I reach full is when I feel sick but I don't get that on low carbing at all as I seem to find my limit if eating high protien a lot quicker. When eating 'normally' I suffer a he'll of a lot from bloating, I seriously look about 8 months pregnant, not sure if that is water retention or not with the carbs absorbing the fluid, but once I don't have so many carbs I don't get the bloating and physically I'm a much better shape.
Oh wait till I tell hubby that you used to run a martial arts club! he absolutley adores MMA and I have to sit through hours of programs. He's converted our garage into his own gym area and he does a lot of his exercises in there bases on mma. He's always wanted to join a club and drempt of running his own club teaching but it just hasn't happened and I don't think it will now as we are both in our careers so he's happy enough so long as he has his gym room and espn! Lol.
I'm more than pleased to give up my oldest title, lol. ;-)
I have some before and after pics too in my profile, feel free to nosey.
Are you exercising now Alex?I'm a massive exercise fan, i just don't seem to lose unless I do and although half the time I can't be bothered once I get going I do like it a lot.
Just had an omlette for lunch and waiting for my tummy to settle before exercising, what's a cheeseburger pie?! That sound right up our street!
:-)
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 22 Jan 11, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Ok just a quickie at work just now

Welcome Alex! I'm a low carb/ Atkins lady too, I'm new to it though so you might be able to give some tips! Will intoduce myself more when I get home!

Ok had a shake today, was really watery tasting think may have put to much water in, trial and error I think! Had salad for lunch no Mayo and cucumber and celery stcks! An Atkins day break bar and a mini cathedral cheese 439 cals and 16g fat. Going fir a party dinner which is a set menu so not much control will try my best and just eat the meat!

Right better not suppose to be on and were mega busy
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you

You know, thinking about it, I never used to bloat like I do on low fat. It will be interesting to see if it improves.

I tend to feel fuller quicker on protein/fat etc than low fat and definitely don't want to pick a couple of hours later. DH is cooking the lunch as we speak

I'm not exercising at the mo as I damaged the ligament in my right arm and it took a while to heal. I had just nursed it back to recovery and had a problem with my shoulder. I went to see an Ortho specialist last Wednesday and have an MRI on Monday next week. He thinks it could be a detatched tendon so I'm not doing anything.

I love doing weights and not cardio so I don't want to go and sit on the bike for an hour as I know I'll get bored.

I did Tae Kwon Do for about 7 years and got 1st black belt. I met my (then) husband at the club and we took up Choi Kwang Do which I did for another 7 years. I got 2nd black in that and was also the co-instructor. It was a new style and very young.

I was going to work for the organisation and be based in the USA opening clubs, getting them established and then moving on to open another in a different area. Unfortunately we split up and as he was one of the organisation Directors he refused to sign off on it. Sigh...

Cheeseburger Pie is awesome. The base is minced beef, cooked like a cottage pie, and the topping is 3 eggs, half a cup of mayo and a couple of spoonfuls of cream. You put this on the top of the mince, sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 20 minutes at 190. You can make the top 'sloppier' by substituting equal parts of mayo for cream.

It's easy to work out the carbs just by keeping track of the amounts for the topping and then dividing by however many portions you have, including the meat.

Give it a go, it was a staple menu item for us when we were doing it last time

Old 22 Jan 11, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kaboomba View Post
Ok just a quickie at work just now

Welcome Alex! I'm a low carb/ Atkins lady too, I'm new to it though so you might be able to give some tips! Will intoduce myself more when I get home!

Ok had a shake today, was really watery tasting think may have put to much water in, trial and error I think! Had salad for lunch no Mayo and cucumber and celery stcks! An Atkins day break bar and a mini cathedral cheese 439 cals and 16g fat. Going fir a party dinner which is a set menu so not much control will try my best and just eat the meat!

Right better not suppose to be on and were mega busy
Hiya,

Thank you for the welcome

I found that the shakes and the bars affected my weight loss on Atkins, particularly in the induction phase even though it said it was suitable, so I kept away from them.

With the salad, it's recommended that you have oil in a dressing if you are only having the salad to keep the fat intake up. TBH, I never tracked how much fat or how many calories I was eating, just the carbs. I stopped eating when I felt full and didn't feel like eating until the next meal.

I also used the guideline of cups as measurements for salads and veggies and that helped too.

It is finding what works for you isn't it?

Looking forward to hearing more about you when you have time x

Closed Thread