Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 11, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Great minds Liz! ;-) And big posts?! Dont know what you mean, mine are tiny - harharhar!

How did the fitting go hun?
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Nat - that hen do would be amazing! I am also intrigued about the finale of BL now!
Those foods you've mentioned sound calorie tastic. I am not an icecream fan, but did like Ghiredellis choc icecream with peanut butter sauce. Obsessed with peanut butter.
Be great for you to set a goal like a marathon.

Kel - Laughed my head off at Alexs speech. Especially the bit about the cats not eating the sick. So, so funny. Whenever one of our cats is sick the dog tries to 'clean' up. Revolting, but saves us doing it. Not that we just leave it, but gets rid of the bulk of it!
We do talk about some funny things on here. Can you imagine us all in a room somewhere with a few bottles of wine? We really should do that one day. Never met up with people from online, but feel like I know you lot so well. Glad the cats are looking after you. Yes mine climb into things all the time. Freyja likes to sleep in the bed, but you can't always tell so she'll often get sat on. Trinity likes to get up high - being the leader Queen that she is, so that she can control her subjects.

Fitting went well. Fine on hips and lower tummy, but zip stopped halfway up my back and no going over my boobs. She said if I'm a 12 normally I should have ordered a 14 and that they are usually one size down, so my dress is a 10 in effect. So she's putting a panel in it and a lace up back. She was much nicer today. Got some pics, but got to wait for friend to email me. Still doesn't drop/hang how I want it, as I'm still a size 14 and a good stone away from being a 12. Got to go back 3 weeks today and then can lose no more weight! ARGGHHH so the next 3 weeks are crucial to me. Then just have to maintain for 2 weeks.

Right, off to walk dog, then must shave legs and tan as didn't last night.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Oh glad to hear it went ok, and you are so close to it fitting! I cant wait to see the photos! Glad also she was nicer, you dont need to have added worry about someones attitude. So, Liz, you are a 10 on the bottom and hips! Thats brilliant! You must be so pleased. The next two weeks are crucial to you, once the hen do is over you have a real shot of getting those inches down. The panel and lace up back are great as they will allow you to lose without worry, plus the lace backs are beautiful, but then im biased!

Ha! Good to know my cats arent the only odd balls, i suppose its the norm for them?! Lilly does the under cover thing too, i worry all the time about sitting on her! Lol.
Dont need to explain the cat sick thing to me, luckily Alex is good at getting it, with wet wipes though, not in the same way at your doggie (thought i better clear that up!). Lol, no shame on this forum! Hehe.
We will have to meet up sometime for wine o clock! Ive never met any on line friends either but i feel like i know you all now too.

Natalie - told Alex you went to Wentworth and he said he knew a few girls at his tennis club from there but i dont think youll know them as they will be in their 30s now. He said it was on our streetlighting route though too so it was the one i was thinking of. Small world.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Kel. I wish I was a 10, but defo not. Even though it's a bridal 12 and normal 10, because its an Aline, the bottom/hip bit is a lot bigger. It's 40 inches, but is meant to hang losely, whereas I can get it on, but it doesn't hang too well yet.
Apparently a bridal dress is sized by the smallest part, so for this it's the waist, which is 28 inches, a standard 10.
Found this while looking which was interesting as sizes do vary so much and might explain your elusive Next jeans!
rodcollins/wordpress/...ze-am-i-really

Haha at Alex cleaning it - will try not to think of him lapping it up.
Wine oclock sounds fab. I vote Bournemouth if we ever do do it because of the weather.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Lol, i knew what that article was going to say before reading it! Ive heard that before a lot and I know certain shops are worse than others, M&S are one of them, their 14s are the same size as some of the 16s and even 18s ive had! Trouble is it means that thise size 12 Next jeans that are too tight are really a 14 or even 16 which is depressing! I actually held them against my other 12s and they were visably smaller by about a good inch or so. I just have big hips, my waist is fine, i measured today and its 28inch but my hips are a lot bigger still and i havent had much movement since last time i did it.
Weight is crappy isnt it?!
Im up for Bournemouth although its a bit of a trek for Kim, Amy and Yvonne from Scotland!
Just watch wedding (royal) highlights as havent seen anything yet, ahhhh! Such a nice wedding.

Give it two week Liz, good diet and loads of cardio and im sure it will hang perfectly. Gosh what do us women go through for these weddings?! Somehow i think the bride gets the worse deal. Lol
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 5 May 11, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Just going to do my summary as ive finished eating and cant exercise. :-(

Not as good today, not a very low carb day. :-(

B: Burgen bread x 2
S: low GI scone
L: 2 slices of Burgen bread and tomato soup.
D: salad - tuna, lettuce, carrot, pepper, beetroot, very low cal cottage cheese.

Additional: honey and lemon medicine, soothers and halls (all with sugar! Grrr, but hubs just gone to get me sugar free stuff).
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 5 May 11, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Will do a better reply later as I'm on my iPhone. At my sister's as she invited me last minute as she didn't want me to be home alone. We're having Spag bol. Am pointing and being good so will be ok! Walked to work today and both ways tomorrow and a run tomorrow night plus a light dinner tomorrow so all is good!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

tihi everyone sorry not been on

nat - hen do sounds soooo good. im going on a barge, with about 25 of us, we will set out at 8pm-12pm have 3 course meal then a disco and entertainment, can't wait 30th july mine is!

bought my necklace and earings the other day, got them out of avon as they really do match with my dress and look gorgeous!
booked a bouncy castle to as jacob is 1 on 31st may can't believe it!

kel - how ya feeling, i bet you look a size 8 the weight you are im so jelous!

liz - can't wait to see pics of your dress bet it will look gorgeous with a lace up back, mine is a lace up back too mine should be here in june. you relly haven't got ling now bet your so excited.

well iv still got the 2 bridesmaids flower girl and page boy.

went to gym tue night, been eating ok, at gym in morn too.

hope everyone is ok
xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kel - you'd fit into my dress now! Food not so bad - you're ill! Nice salad. I love bread and soup. Not too keen on soup on it's own, but the bread makes it
Was a lovely wedding, wasn't it? I thought she looked really pretty.

Nat - all this walking and running! Good on you. I could eat some spag bol sauce 9don't like the pasta lol), but I love a bowlful of sauce. Not had much today as been so busy. 2 shakes and 2 atkins bars. Didn't want to have anything carby and have been out from 8 till 3pm. Debating whether to have the fish pie - it's low cal and fat. Have fun with your Sister.

Rach - he do sounds fab, loads of you going! Watch the drink - you don't want anyone going overboard! That would be a story to tell at the wedding. Glda you managed to find some nice jewellery. It's so hard to get exactly what you want.

Am just waiting for Dan to finish dinner and then he can help me with tan - can't reach some parts of my back. Got bits set out ready for tomorrow - suntan lotion, glucose tablets, late mothers day pressie for Mum (she was abroad), toiletries, outfit (bumblebee wings, antenae, bright yellow leg warmers and gloves) goodness knows what we'll all look like!

Can't wait, but so don't want to put any weight on. I reckon this week will be a STS and then that only really gives me 2 weeks panic time.

Kel - hopefully you're tucked up warm somewhere and being looked after.

Night everyone, might log on in morn if have time, but if not, hope you all have an amazing weekend. xxx

Old 5 May 11, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

ok doke, this has taken me an age to read and i just now there is going to posts after i've finished this one so i do apologise if i've missed something!

I'm totally up for bournemouth DBD meet would be amazing! I feel like i know you all! I find it quite strange cause i'll be saying something to ross and be like "oh well kel was saying..." or "Liz did that..." and "oh nats is going there soon" haha he thought i was a bit mental at the start but i think he's got use to it!

I've been quite peckish today so eaten a wee bit more than normal, still not alot but more than usual!I'll post that first to get out of the way

B: oat bran pancake
L:tikka chicken and ham, muller light and s/f jelly
D: meatballs & mexican chicken
S: muller light

I' just making some pastryless quiche just now so i'll let you know how they are! Benn searching all week for quark but sainbury's and tesco didn't have any but i found some in morrisons on my way home! I'm making them in little muffin cases so its little individual ones!

Liz, cant wait to see pictures of your dress! Your doing so well and your nearly there! The lace back will give you some room movement even if you lose more before the day! I think it will be quite hard in the run up[ not to lose more qeight as you'll be stressing! Look at kel, we were trying to put weight on her just before her wedding lol!

Kel, sorry to hear your poorly! On the birghtside you've had lots of dibbing time...too much for me to remember now haha! Hope the TCP works! My cat is exactly the same loves hiding under stuff! She has a particular fascination of plastic bags and boxes and loves sitting on them! She's very picky about who she speaks to and generall will only go to mybrother for a stroke, i was going to throttle her on sunday cause she made a bee line for my wee buzzina whilst she was out enjoying the grass, in the house she went! I never got spoken to for the restof my time there haha!

Ok my fave rides are as follows
1. Mummy
2. Spiderman
3. Forbidden Journey
4.Space Mountain
5.Rock and roller coaster

Manta and kracken are up there too but not quite! I love all the disney rides though, its really hard actually!

Amy cant believe we're missing another two seasons! I doubt our laptop would let us watch anything online, always buffers and is behind and it just infuriates me so i tend not to watch much! Hows the studying going? when's your last one again?

Natalie i shall do my best to stuff my face just for you! I love the cinnamon rolls, or should i say LOAF! There are in main street bakery and are only 1 snack credit, they are mahooosive! Never had a dole whip, never really fancied right enough! Mickey waffles are by far my fave! My fave meal and would highly recommend is raglan road, we loved it! Had irish dancers and a live band! Food was amazing and service was great! I hate hate HATE turkey legs, the look of the makes me sick yuck! Ross had one two years ago and said it was disgusting, i'm afriad there will be no piccies of me enjoying that haha!

Yvonne, glad to see you back! Hows work for you now? Good luck with the run this sunday, is it in town? i've quite fancied doing one but i'm rubbish a getting sponsorship lol!

oh that's my quiches ready! They look delish and little like souffles!

I'm not gonna tell you all my daily weight loss and just keep it till Monday! Its going well though, will keep you posted Yvonne! I'm looking up all the neww stuff i can eat this week coming as i move on to cruise, so some veggies for me!
I'm really achey today over my arms and back, must have been some sort of exercise then yesterday! the two grisl that fell off the segways are covered in bruises, and not just little ones HUGE ones! Glad i didn't fall off i'd having be bruised for the whole of the summer, i've just managed to get rid of a bruise on my leg that i've had for about 7 weeks!

Right going to go jump in the shower!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread