Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 12, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

OMG I love those invites!

Does she have a website? I totally might be stealing that idea... !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
OMG I love those invites!

Does she have a website? I totally might be stealing that idea... !
Thanks.

Yes she does. It's ditsychic Here's the link to the passport ones: ditsychic/page49.htm

She's also on facebook too!

Marianne is lovely and was soooo helpful
Old 18 Dec 12, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Those invites are amazing! x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 12, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love your invitations, what a great idea!
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 12, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Love your invites!
Old 3 Mar 13, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Minnie Moo I am planning to get married in set 2014 and have been in touch with Carrie from Destination Occasion to organise things. I have my heart set on cypress grove for the ceremony and like the look of Hard Rock I haven't yet got any prices for reception but when I looked on their website it seemed pretty expensive. Do you mind me asking roughly how much you have paid for the Hard Rock? I'm new to all this so will try and get some pics etc up Lisa x
Old 3 Mar 13, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissD_13 View Post
Hi Minnie Moo I am planning to get married in set 2014 and have been in touch with Carrie from Destination Occasion to organise things. I have my heart set on cypress grove for the ceremony and like the look of Hard Rock I haven't yet got any prices for reception but when I looked on their website it seemed pretty expensive. Do you mind me asking roughly how much you have paid for the Hard Rock? I'm new to all this so will try and get some pics etc up Lisa x
Hi Lisa

It depends on the type of reception or meal you want. Best thing would be to email the wedding contact/catering/conference manager, Tere Boche. Her email address is on the Hard Rock Orlando website and go to Weddings.

We were given lots of different options - some just a meal, some with drink packages, different room types etc etc.

In the end we went for the Stationed Menu package (must have a minimum of 15 people) which is a set price, includes items such as Canapes on arrival, 2 meal stations plus a salad station, wedding cake, bar package, candles, linens etc etc. We've extended the bar package for everyone (the standard is 3 hours so we've upgraded to pay for 6 hours each to cover our time there and having a 2 hour cocktail party on the Terrace before Dinner), using The Pantry, having a dance floor and Carrie is providing the speaker system/set up. We're now going to add a starter too but haven't got the price for that yet but all in, for the whole 6 hours for 16 people (including all their food, unlimited alcoholic drinks and wedding cake) is $2,704.59. We just need to add on the starters cost and that would depend on what we chose.

We think Hard Rock is very reasonable price for what you get compared to everywhere else we looked.

Tere is lovely and really really helpful - just like Carrie. So she'll be delighted you're considering the hotel and comes back fairly promptly - within a few days at most usually if not same day.

Hope that helps
Old 3 Mar 13, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello thanks for your quick response! That all really helps thanks I will do like you say and contact Tere. Are you dealing with Carrie too? I've heard lots of good things about her and she has been brilliant in getting back to me... I have also asked for Randy Chapman to do the photography as he has also came highly recommended.
You haven't got too long now, I bet you cannot wait! X
Old 4 Mar 13, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissD_13 View Post
Hello thanks for your quick response! That all really helps thanks I will do like you say and contact Tere. Are you dealing with Carrie too? I've heard lots of good things about her and she has been brilliant in getting back to me... I have also asked for Randy Chapman to do the photography as he has also came highly recommended.
You haven't got too long now, I bet you cannot wait! X
Hi Lisa

Yes Carrie is arranging our day too and we've booked Randy for our photography. We met with both Carrie & Randy on our last trip last September and immediately knew we'd get on. We decided to extend Randy's hours and have booked him for a whole day (8 hours) plus a family photoshoot at Boardwalk a few days before wedding.

I'm probably in contact with Carrie at least once a week and nothing has ever been too much trouble for her.

We also recently booked a company to film our day as my Dad's been poorly recently so will be nice to have something tangible to look back on and great memories. We've booked Trinity Wedding Cinema which was recommended by quite a few people on a group on Facebook. Not cheap by any means but think it'll be worth it. Full day coverage with various different films - snippet, full film and whole day documentary and 5 copies I believe.

xx
Old 4 Mar 13, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Everyone following this post.

Sorry have not updated much recently since Xmas as been busy with work and my Father has had a couple of mini strokes so it's been a little manic to say the least.

But we're back on track!

We've decided to book a company to film our day as think this is something I would now regret not having. I would like something tangible to remember of the day and you get to see things I wouldn't ordinarily see - like the guests arriving etc. We went with Trinity Wedding Cinema who were recommended by quite a few people and the snapshot videos of those I've seen look amazing.

We've also been liaising with Carrie and the Hard Rock Hotel and think our reception is pretty much sorted now in terms of decor. We're having black linen with Hot Pink accessories. So black table cloths and chair covers with hot pink sashes. Our menus, Carrie is providing and are black with a lovely pink ribbon, our name cards are going to be alternate - small card with either a pink or black glitter heart in the corner - pink for the girls, black for the boys! I'm also going to place hot pink scatter crystals over the tables which should look fab against the black cloth. And our table centres are 3 clear graduated vases with fushia orchids in water with a floating candle on the top, pink ribbon around the bottom of each one. We're going to have 5 of these and use some spare around the room.

And we chose our wedding rings yesterday I've gone for a white gold band with a line of diamonds through the middle And Graham has gone for a 2 tone ring (and even better it was 50% off ) Will post pics when they arrive in the Jewellers.

Apart from that I think that's pretty much brought you up to date. My dress arrives in 3 months and it's all go on the diet & exercise front - I had to lose 3 inches off my waist and I'm only half an inch away from this now which is great!
Closed Thread