Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 13, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Our DIY / crafty / Vintage wedding and magical Disneymoon planning thread :)

Well after spending the afternoon reading some planning threads on here I decided I should start my own in other words I'm looking for any excuse to avoid my forward plans for school, but hey this is more fun.

So the stars of the show...

Me - Jilly, 29+1, primary teacher, cocktail lover, polka dot fan, crafter and MASSIVE Disney fan.

Robert - 27 (my toy boy), fan of football, rock n roll music, movies and video games. Not fussed about Disney but enjoyed our first trip to DLP at New Year and loves how happy it makes me (awwww). Hates having his photo taken (not ideal considering I always carry around at least 2 photo taking devices! )

both of us together

Robert's proposal didn't quite go to plan - he had intended to propose just after midnight on New Years Eve at DLP. However, being a Disney newbie he had no idea really of the crowds we could expect, and so he didn't feel it was quite right. In addition to that it rained for 2 hours prior to midnight turning all the French guests into ignorant morons which had put me in a bit of a bad mood. I cheered up when it hit midnight though and I could have a little dance around

So anyway I'm digressing... Robert called plan B into action and decided we should head back to the hotel bar for a drink (he intended to buy some champagne and pop the question there), however the guy at reception looked at us as if we had three heads each and told us the hotel bar closed at 11.

So up to the room it was, where Robert got a bit tearful and explained it wasn't how he had hoped it to be, said some lovely things and then presented me with a stunning aquamarine and asked me to be his wife

I was so happy, despite the fact it was in room 624 of the Explorers Hotel rather than in front of the castle as Robert has imagined

The only rubbish thing was we couldn't even have a wee drink to celebrate, and Robert cursed himself for not planning ahead and buying some bubbly.

My stunning ring, and the 2 of us glowing with happiness the next day

On the evening of the 1st, after a day exploring the Studios park, we headed to the stunning Disneyland hotel where finally I got my celebratory drink

More coming soon...

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 13, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Straight away after getting back for Paris we (or should I say I ) started hthe hunt for a venue. My dream venue was a place called Kirknewton Stables which had a long barn, and a huge outdoor area which would allow me to have the garden party / festival themed wedding that we were after. However, at 3.5k for JUST the venue alone, without food etc, it was way out of our budget.

I knew i didnt want a hotel or fancy castle where we were required to take a package, when although these can work out good value for some people, they mostly were a package including this that and the other, when half of the stuff i woukd have preferred to DIY. The polished and elegant decor also wouldn't really fit with what we wanted.

I hunted around for places that were more flexible in terms of what they offered, and would be a blank canvas to decorate as we pleased. I viewed one place, liked another that didn't have our dates, and was coming up blank for any other ideas when I finally came across Three Sisters Bake.

As soon as I found their website I just knew this was the place for us we viewed it the following Sunday and booked it on the spot - we set our date for 5th July 2014

From the outside

Set up for ceremony

The cafe where will will hold our drinks reception (private use obviously)

Set up for reception - think we will have bunting rather than the lanterns (like in the ceremony pic) and we'll also have round tables and a long top table at the front

As its a bakery, we intend to have a cake table from them so I also borrowed this from their website... Yum!

Trippie June 2024
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 13, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
LOVE the cake tables. I saw a wedding recently where they had a 'scone bar' basically make your own cream tea! I would have loved to have done that!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 13, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Funnily enough before we booked a bakery it was my intention to have scones as our pre dinner nibbles.. But now we are having a later ceremony so prob just gonna have chocolate strawbs and lighter bites!

Trippie June 2024
Old 11 Feb 13, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Great start! I love your ring and the vintage theme x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 13, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Aside from the venue, we haven't really got many of the other big things organised.

I HAVE however purchased my shoes, which I am SO in love with

Dress wise, I'm hoping to have a tea length gown. I love the cute quirky look and of course I want to show my shoes off

These are a couple I love

Trippie June 2024
Old 11 Feb 13, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lou2972
Excited about Disney

Great date,our anniversary is 5th July .
lou2972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 13, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
finns@disney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Wow it all looks so fab .. love the second dress and your ring is gorgeous .. my friend absolutely loves Vivienne Westwood shoes she says they are so comfy and they mould to your feet so should have no problems with dancing the night away .. looking forward to reading the rest of your planning x
Old 11 Feb 13, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tink_magic
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Its going to be lovely

Florida is the place to be
Visited in Jan 93 , Sept 93 , Apr 96 , May 97 , Oct 97 , Oct 98 , Aug 99 , Dec 00 , Dec 03 , Dec 04 , Dec 06 , Dec 07 , Dec 08 , Oct 11 ,
tink_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 13, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsWoodytobe View Post
Great start! I love your ring and the vintage theme x
Thank you, I love my ring so so much! It's so me

Originally Posted by lou2972 View Post
Great date,our anniversary is 5th July .
Yay! We almost picked the 12th so a good wee switch there

Originally Posted by finns@disney View Post
Wow it all looks so fab .. love the second dress and your ring is gorgeous .. my friend absolutely loves Vivienne Westwood shoes she says they are so comfy and they mould to your feet so should have no problems with dancing the night away .. looking forward to reading the rest of your planning x
It's true, I was dancing around in them while I was doing housework yesterday haha not too high either.

Originally Posted by tink_magic View Post
Its going to be lovely
Thank you, I'm soooo excited!

Trippie June 2024
Closed Thread