Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
your day sounds lovely i bet you all have a fab day and the outfits you got off ebay are stunning and what a bargin you have done so well i will look forward to reading your trip report (hoping you do 1 ) and i hope you have a great holiday and a fabulous wedding

Thank you Ellen, I couldn't believe my luck when I saw those outfits, they we're exactly the colour I was wanting. I will be doing a trip report of the day, thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by DisneyBride2Be View Post
So lovely to hear your story and I was smiling at the details of your wedding...elegantly simple, just like mine is going to be.
Love your plans and am so excited for you!
When are you getting married, I'd love to hear your plans . We are just wanting a simple wedding, as soon as I read the details of the memories collection, I knew it was perfect for us. Thanks for reading x
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
I really hope we see you whilst we are there so that we can congratulate you. Such lovely plans
Please do come over and say hello if you do see us , that would be lovely, x

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Wow, you look so much younger than your age! and your children are all gorgeous
Your wedding looks like it will be amazing. I like to see a couple who have been together a long time getting married.
Hi Helen, thanks for your lovely comments, we have definitely been together for a while, I've missed out on loads of anniversaries lol x
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 14, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Would to hear about this as we are considering renewing our vows at the same location.

Enjoy !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 14, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by becsluvssw View Post
Would to hear about this as we are considering renewing our vows at the same location.

Enjoy !
I'll do a report of the day with photo's, so will let you know how we get on
Old 14 Jun 14, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenlas
slightly serious Dibber

I've just caught up on your wedding plans It sounds so magical and it's so lovely that you're able to combine it with such a fab holiday, and include your children in such a big way - where better to watch your parents get married than at Disney?! The beach looks stunning. You're going to love the Wishes cruise - what a perfect way to end your day Can't wait to read the wedding report when you return!
Santa Fe March 2011 ~ Hotel New York Nov/Dec 2012 ~ OKW & villa Feb 2014 ~ Sequoia Lodge March/April 2015 ~ DLP annual pass trip #1 - Adagio May 2016

Blinking In The Starlight trip report Feb 2014
Serenlas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Serenlas View Post
I've just caught up on your wedding plans It sounds so magical and it's so lovely that you're able to combine it with such a fab holiday, and include your children in such a big way - where better to watch your parents get married than at Disney?! The beach looks stunning. You're going to love the Wishes cruise - what a perfect way to end your day Can't wait to read the wedding report when you return!
The holiday came first, then a while later we thought why not get married whilst we're in Orlando! I'm so glad that our children will watch us get wed, it will somehow feel so special. I've really enjoyed your trip report and can't wait to hear about your wishes cruise. Thanks for reading
Old 15 Jun 14, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexYankee
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Hi Julia!

I'm a fellow Memories bride from Luau beach -- ours was a renewal in 2012. Love your plans so far!
EssexYankee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Love your plans so far we visited the Poly last year and fell in love with it. Would love to stay there one day, I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful.
Old 15 Jun 14, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Adjia
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Hi everyone

Over the past few months I have been reading all these lovely planning journal's, they have helped me out so much so I thought I would start a small one of our own

Please note that I have never done a trippie before so please bear with me.

Introduction

My name is Julia, I've just turned 47.

My other half is Scott, he's 44 years old, so my toy boy

We met at work some 19 years ago, can't believe how the time as flown. Our first holiday together was to Disney World, so it has a very special place in our hearts.

Scott is my soul mate and best friend whom I love dearly. I'm afraid there isn't any kind of wedding proposal, we got engaged many many moons ago, but somehow never got round to actually getting married. Think that life just got in the way, we saved for our first home and then we started our family together. I have no birth family, I was put in care when I was a baby, so all my life all I ever dreamed about was having a family of my own. Scott made my dreams came true, we have 3 beautiful children, I feel so blessed.

Our eldest son is Hayden, he is 12 yrs, Jamie, our middle child is 9 yrs and our gorgeous daughter Poppy is 5 years old.

I never really dreamt of getting married, I kind of thought we were fine as we were, then last summer I stumbled across the wedding forum on the dibb and read a lovely report (mrs woody). It kind of made me realise that we could get married in our most fantastic happiest place in the world, Disney . I set about reading more journals and asking questions and we decided that we would we get married whilst on our holiday in Orlando.

We had already booked our holiday, so it would be easy for us to add a wedding onto it.

We decided after looking at a few locations, to have a Disney Wedding. There is just the 5 of us going so the memories package fitted the bill perfectly. We called Disney in February, the date for our wedding is Friday the 15th of August, time is 11 am and the location is Luau Beach at Disney's Polynesian resort.

To say we are excited is an understatement, I could literally burst each time I think about our day

We have only told a couple of people about our wedding (my foster brother, foster sister and my best friend). The kids don't know yet, can't wait to see their faces when we do tell them, nearer the time.

I shall update with a few more details later

Thanks for looking

Looking forward to following your wedding.
You have beautiful children.
Old 15 Jun 14, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Just caught up with your plans, sounds fab!

We too had booked our holiday for next year and are seriously considering adding on a little wedding bonus! Again, it'll be a very small group of us so looking at the Escape package.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans and, of course, about the big day itself!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread